★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The ULTIMATE game of finesse and skill!

Finally, utilize the touchscreen capabilities of your device to play curling in a way that is more intuitive and fun - unique to FULL CONTACT CURLING!

Touch and drag to deliver your stone down the ice, knocking any stones out of your way with a satisfying 'tock!'.

Manically sweep in front of your stone to make that perfect shot and steal the lead!

Play against the computer in One Player Mode against three difficulty levels of AI for a truly challenging curling experience - can you seize the trophy from the dastardly AI?

Go head to head with a friend in Two Player Mode to see who deserves the title Full Contact Champion!

*Note: To use the menus, DRAG your menu selection to the designated area (normally the top of the screen) to select it.

Features of Full Contact Curling include:

-Both 1P and 2P modes for human-vs-human and human-vs-computer play

- Three levels of difficulty: Easy, Medium, and Hard

-Customizable matches, allowing you to choose how many ends per match and how many stones per end.

-Intuitive and fun stone delivery: no more boring arrows and meters to throw your stone down the ice - just grab it and give it a flick!

-Two methods of sweeping: the realistic "freeform sweeping" and the more simplistic standard sweeping, which can be selected in the settings menu. Freeform sweeping is a more realistic take on the sweeping mechanic, and takes into consideration the sweeping distance from the stone, the speed of the sweeping (as does the standard sweeping method), and allows the player to "burn" their stone by hitting it while sweeping (so beware!)

- A fast-forward button during the sweeping stage (increases speed of play by 2x). Can be toggled on/off.

-Realistic sound effects for sweeping, sliding, hitting, and more!

-Full tutorial that covers some basic rules of curling to help you get started and provides a guide to Full Contact Curling gameplay.

-Informative summary of the match after every stone.

-Matches are saved after each and every end, allowing you to pick up where you left off if you are interrupted in the middle of an intense match!

-Full Contact Curling plays nice with your music! Only sound effects will play if you are already playing your own music.

-The most fun you can find tossing stones around on your iPhone/iPod/iPad!

At this point, you're probably wondering, "Well, I'm just this awesome person who happens to be pretty good at throwing rocks about... but do I really have the skills for Full Contact Curling?"

Well my friends, the answer is: get the app and find out!

alecdouglas's comments:

Hi everyone!

A curling game I developed has just been released on iTunes!

I tried to make it a little different from the other curling games available on iTunes by letting the player deliver their stones by simply dragging and releasing the stone itself (like sliding a coin along a table), rather than use arrows and gauges to choose the direction/speed of delivery.

Personally I find this method to be more fun (and more natural) albeit a bit harder, but the challenge pays off when you make that first perfect shot!
Also, it gets easier and easier with a little bit of practice. The key is to take it easy and not to flick it but slowly release your stone near the top of the screen.

Give it a shot and tell me what you think of the delivery method compared to others you've seen.

I've done a bit of curling in my time, however I was never terribly great at it haha - I tried to do my research when developing the AI in the game but my lack of curling skills might be reflected here.
I'd love to know what an experienced curler thinks of the game.

Note: To work the menu, simply drag the menu selection you want up to the top of the screen to select it. Feel free to play around with the menu stones a bit, that's why they're there

I welcome comments and reviews, and I want it to be enjoyed so I've included 8 promo codes below:

Promo codes:
7MLTJM373L76
H73KLPR4YFPJ
XNXAR3LX34FA
96LTYTAPNFEA
K377WW9WA4NJ
NKWXF4J6XPAH
KJERFT3TLR3T
NPFPJYAMMM93

Have fun everyone!

Alec Douglas
First-time Developer
Full Contact Games
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks a lot will check it out!! Looks cool

Used KJERFT3TLR3T

05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the preview. Will write a review one way or another.

Used NPFPJYAMMM93.
05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
All gone

Gamecenter: Will090

Last edited by Will090; 05-02-2010 at 09:16 PM.
05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
All gone
Yikes that was fast haha. I PM'd you one and here are four more for people to have:

T6ATRW746A9K
F6RLP6LK7L4X
KRM97NK4MNNA
J3KML4WENTYN

Get 'em while they're hot!
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for: F6RLP6LK7L4X (the others were used)
05-02-2010, 09:12 PM
The good news is the stone delivery works well. For sure it's going to take some time to get used to, but the mechanic is solid and should prove rewarding in the long run. Kudos on going with this control method. We definitely need more developers who'll take chances to make the most of what this device has to offer in terms of controls.

Some issues I wouldn't mind seeing addressed:

1. The sweeping: In light of the delivery control in particular, the sweeping stands out like a sore thumb. Why are we limited to sweeping between two points along a pre-defined line? Surely we should be able to simply swipe a finger in front of the stone freely, the speed at which we swipe affecting the reduction of friction? Age of Curling does this very well, if you need a reference. It's really puzzling to me how with the "free-form" delivery method in the game, the sweeping could be so overlooked.

2. I'd like to see a simple "continue" button at the end of each delivery. Having to swipe the screen left each time quickly grows tiresome.

3. Please allow the player to "skip to end" during the computer's turn. Likewise, during our own. When we know we've thrown a bad delivery that's going either too fast or too slow, it's tiresome to have to sit there and watch it run its course regardless.

In any case though, a good game and well done.

EDIT: One other thing: how about some difficulty levels for the computer AI? Right now the computer's accuracy appears to be somewhat uncanny, which is particularly off-putting when you are still only learning the controls.

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
The good news is the stone delivery works well. For sure it's going to take some time to get used to, but the mechanic is solid and should prove rewarding in the long run. Kudos on going with this control method. We definitely need more developers who'll take chances to make the most of what this device has to offer in terms of controls.

Some issues I wouldn't mind seeing addressed:

1. The sweeping: In light of the delivery control in particular, the sweeping stands out like a sore thumb. Why are we limited to sweeping between two points along a pre-defined line? Surely we should be able to simply swipe a finger in front of the stone freely, the speed at which we swipe affecting the reduction of friction? Age of Curling does this very well, if you need a reference. It's really puzzling to me how with the "free-form" delivery method in the game, the sweeping could be so overlooked.

2. I'd like to see a simple "continue" button at the end of each delivery. Having to swipe the screen left each time quickly grows tiresome.

3. Please allow the player to "skip to end" during the computer's turn. Likewise, during our own. When we know we've thrown a bad delivery that's going either too fast or two slow, it's tiresome to have to sit there and watch it run its course regardless.

In any case though, a good game and well done.

EDIT: One other thing: how about some difficulty levels for the computer AI? Right now the computer's accuracy appears to be somewhat uncanny, which is particularly off-putting when you are still only learning the controls.
Awesome, this is definitely helpful - thank you!
I agree that all of these would be solid improvements.

I'm going to start working on these this week when I find the time.

Anyone else have any comments?

Few more promo codes:
RHFL7J7YHTF3
MRRR3MPT3AH9
H3YP7FXRRNJ6
YLNYFAYTKAMT
LEWHAX3JRERN

Enjoy!
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Took MRRR3MPT3AH9. Thanks for the code!

Might not have a chance to get to this game until later tonight, but will definitely come back and post impressions when I do.

Been looking for a curling game with decent AI for quite some time. If you've got corner guards and freezes programmed in, you'll already be closer than any other game I've tried.
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
Took MRRR3MPT3AH9. Thanks for the code!

Might not have a chance to get to this game until later tonight, but will definitely come back and post impressions when I do.

Been looking for a curling game with decent AI for quite some time. If you've got corner guards and freezes programmed in, you'll already be closer than any other game I've tried.
I had a hard time getting freezes to work, but you'll see corner guards from the AI when it decides to get a little defensive.

Hope you enjoy it, I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.