★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shoot Em' Up/Top-Down Shooter w/ Upgrades?

05-04-2010, 07:57 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 58
Shoot Em' Up/Top-Down Shooter w/ Upgrades?

Does anybody know of any top down shooters that implement upgrades? Not the active upgrades that you find in a level, but the permanent ones. So I guess a shooter with a little bit of RPG. Thanks in advance.
05-04-2010, 08:07 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiLime View Post
Does anybody know of any top down shooters that implement upgrades? Not the active upgrades that you find in a level, but the permanent ones. So I guess a shooter with a little bit of RPG. Thanks in advance.
Guerilla Bob has something like that in one of their modes i Think


I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 230
I had this girlfriend once who permanently upgraded a couple of her weapons. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It didn't feel real, maybe a shooter with rpg elements wouldn't either
05-04-2010, 09:42 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 74
'Meteor Blitz' has RPG elements. You can upgrade things that permanently stay active throughout future levels

Also 'Blue Attack' has powerup and upgrades that you add each level.
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,291
Alive-4-Ever Returns looks like the one you're looking for, lots of RPG elements in that.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
Alive-4-Ever Returns looks like the one you're looking for, lots of RPG elements in that.
agreed, I'd say purchase this right now.
it's an amazing game, and it sounds like exactly what you want.
05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyrefinedpirate View Post
agreed, I'd say purchase this right now.
it's an amazing game, and it sounds like exactly what you want.
I think, by "top-down shooter", they are talking about games like Espgaluda II, Icarus-X, Radiant, Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, etc.

Could be wrong, though

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
05-05-2010, 07:35 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 58
You're right MasterChief. I've got meteor blitz (very fun). And bought the new Alive 4-ever a couple of days ago, but yeah games like you described is what i've been looking for. Something equivalent to Space Battle 2 on the Zune?