Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1001  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Jyankee30 Jyankee30 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualty View Post
An honest appraisal is: it is much stabler and playable, but some bugs persist. If you are feeling in a fairly forgiving mood, sure, go for it! Otherwise, another update is apparently in the pipes for a submission this week (don't quote me). Hope this will stamp out most of the remaining impediments for unhesitating recommendation.

Conclusion: Maybe ask again in a week or so?
Since you would be running it on a 3gs, if you have efficient memory and you restart your device as soon as its downloaded you should be bug free or at least have bugs at a minimum. I say go for it because it is a grand game and it will get better.
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Jorlen Jorlen is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualty View Post
An honest appraisal is: it is much stabler and playable, but some bugs persist. If you are feeling in a fairly forgiving mood, sure, go for it! Otherwise, another update is apparently in the pipes for a submission this week (don't quote me). Hope this will stamp out most of the remaining impediments for unhesitating recommendation.

Conclusion: Maybe ask again in a week or so?
Sounds good, thanks for the honest answer!

To Jyankee30: Hrm, I might give it a shot even at 1.0.2 if I finish the current roguelike I"m playing (called Cavern, actually really fun). Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,766
Default

I don't think it needs to be pulled, people are loving it. If you're not then tough, buy yourself some patience and wait a while.
Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
keithburgun keithburgun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 199
Default

1.03 is in the works now - we're gonna take our time a bit more with this one and really make 150% sure that nothing breaks with our fixes.
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Shumby Shumby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithburgun View Post
1.03 is in the works now - we're gonna take our time a bit more with this one and really make 150% sure that nothing breaks with our fixes.
100R won't be on my device for "...we're 200% sure 1.0.4 will do the trick". I'm deleting this disappointment if 1.0.3 fails. I'm not in the mood to put up with more severe problems when further content additions are released.

1.0 broken
1.0.1 broken
1.0.2 broken
1.0.3 fixed? (let's assume...)
1.1 new character! ... broken?
1.1.1 broken?
etc etc etc.......
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Jyankee30 Jyankee30 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumby View Post
100R won't be on my device for "...we're 200% sure 1.0.4 will do the trick". I'm deleting this disappointment if 1.0.3 fails. I'm not in the mood to put up with more severe problems when further content additions are released.

1.0 broken
1.0.1 broken
1.0.2 broken
1.0.3 fixed? (let's assume...)
1.1 new character! ... broken?
1.1.1 broken?
etc etc etc.......
Why are you such a sour ass? Cut the devs some slack...its a good game and they've been actually working on it rather than give us empty promises of "we'll update it soon", as it is now it is much better than it was first released.
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:29 PM
WesPaugh's Avatar
WesPaugh WesPaugh is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 485
Default

As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

That I'll continue working on it is all I can promise.
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM
BazookaTime's Avatar
BazookaTime BazookaTime is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

That I'll continue working on it is all I can promise.
Well, for every person that is disappointed in this game I can assure you that there is someone else that loves it.

I own over 600 games for the iphone/ipad and I would put 100 Rogues in my top 10.
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM
ataloss ataloss is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

That I'll continue working on it is all I can promise.
Hey, Wes

...just wanted to chime in here - this game is clearly a labour of love and, as such, I really enjoy it too. Regardless of what's happened, if so much time has been put into getting it "out there", I know an equal amount of time (and more ) will be put into giving it the glory it deserves!

..in other words, it rocks!
Reply With Quote
  #1010  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Shumby Shumby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyankee30 View Post
Why are you such a sour ass? Cut the devs some slack...its a good game and they've been actually working on it rather than give us empty promises of "we'll update it soon", as it is now it is much better than it was first released.
Wouldn't you call promises of bugfixes that wind up ineffective "empty"?

My point: when they get around to adding content (new characters) - I'd suggest not updating until all the issues are sorted out. Or just drop the game and save the heartache.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent