App description: 100 Rogues is being featured by Apple as a "Great Role-Playing Game" and is first on the list of GamePro's "36 Best iPhone Games". Need we say more? Start playing today and battle over 60 villains!

... About 100 Rogues ...
100 Rogues is a dungeon crawling adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

... Reviews ...
"One of the most captivating, refined & rewarding games on the App Store" - Touch Arcade
"100 Rogues blends arcade thrills with engrossing dungeon crawling. It's the very best of both worlds" - Mobot
"100 Rogues will take its place as one of the best role-playing games" - Pocket Gamer
"This might be the best RPG on the iPhone to date." - Final Level
"In presentation, gameplay, & charm, 100 Rogues excels" - GameZebo
"100 Rogues has taken me by the heartstrings and drives me by them as if they were reigns" - NoDPad
"Those of you looking for strategic challenge with RPG elements now have the perfect game" - Appolicious Advisor
"Dungeon crawling with a strategic twist" - TouchGen
"Retro music & distinctive monster designs smother 100 Rogues with sweet, sweet eye & ear candy" - App Safari

... Features ...
A mix of handcrafted and randomly generating maps.
Three unique player classes - with completely different skill trees and abilities. Plus, a monster class of characters with wildly different abilities and strategy requirements.
Discover swords, axes, daggers, throwing knives, rocks, food, potions, scrolls, armor and gold as well as many rare items.
Over 60 fun, challenging monsters including Skybabies, Robots, Ghosts, Candy Clowns and Gummy Rats, each with unique tactics and weaknesses.
Original artwork & arcade-style music An original score & vivid pixel art make 100 Rogues a visual and aural pleasure.
More Future additions of a fourth playable class, challenges, another environment, and more!
05-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualty View Post
An honest appraisal is: it is much stabler and playable, but some bugs persist. If you are feeling in a fairly forgiving mood, sure, go for it! Otherwise, another update is apparently in the pipes for a submission this week (don't quote me). Hope this will stamp out most of the remaining impediments for unhesitating recommendation.

Conclusion: Maybe ask again in a week or so?
Since you would be running it on a 3gs, if you have efficient memory and you restart your device as soon as its downloaded you should be bug free or at least have bugs at a minimum. I say go for it because it is a grand game and it will get better.
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualty View Post
An honest appraisal is: it is much stabler and playable, but some bugs persist. If you are feeling in a fairly forgiving mood, sure, go for it! Otherwise, another update is apparently in the pipes for a submission this week (don't quote me). Hope this will stamp out most of the remaining impediments for unhesitating recommendation.

Conclusion: Maybe ask again in a week or so?
Sounds good, thanks for the honest answer!

To Jyankee30: Hrm, I might give it a shot even at 1.0.2 if I finish the current roguelike I"m playing (called Cavern, actually really fun). Thanks for the input!

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Warhammer: Quest | Endless Depths
Now Playing: Siralim (MY GOTY 2014) | Shattered Planet

05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't think it needs to be pulled, people are loving it. If you're not then tough, buy yourself some patience and wait a while.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
1.03 is in the works now - we're gonna take our time a bit more with this one and really make 150% sure that nothing breaks with our fixes.
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithburgun View Post
1.03 is in the works now - we're gonna take our time a bit more with this one and really make 150% sure that nothing breaks with our fixes.
100R won't be on my device for "...we're 200% sure 1.0.4 will do the trick". I'm deleting this disappointment if 1.0.3 fails. I'm not in the mood to put up with more severe problems when further content additions are released.

1.0 broken
1.0.1 broken
1.0.2 broken
1.0.3 fixed? (let's assume...)
1.1 new character! ... broken?
1.1.1 broken?
etc etc etc.......

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
05-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumby View Post
100R won't be on my device for "...we're 200% sure 1.0.4 will do the trick". I'm deleting this disappointment if 1.0.3 fails. I'm not in the mood to put up with more severe problems when further content additions are released.

1.0 broken
1.0.1 broken
1.0.2 broken
1.0.3 fixed? (let's assume...)
1.1 new character! ... broken?
1.1.1 broken?
etc etc etc.......
Why are you such a sour ass? Cut the devs some slack...its a good game and they've been actually working on it rather than give us empty promises of "we'll update it soon", as it is now it is much better than it was first released.
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

That I'll continue working on it is all I can promise.
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

Well, for every person that is disappointed in this game I can assure you that there is someone else that loves it.

I own over 600 games for the iphone/ipad and I would put 100 Rogues in my top 10.
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post

By all means, flame on.

Hey, Wes

...just wanted to chime in here - this game is clearly a labour of love and, as such, I really enjoy it too. Regardless of what's happened, if so much time has been put into getting it "out there", I know an equal amount of time (and more ) will be put into giving it the glory it deserves!

..in other words, it rocks!
05-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyankee30 View Post
Why are you such a sour ass? Cut the devs some slack...its a good game and they've been actually working on it rather than give us empty promises of "we'll update it soon", as it is now it is much better than it was first released.
Wouldn't you call promises of bugfixes that wind up ineffective "empty"?

My point: when they get around to adding content (new characters) - I'd suggest not updating until all the issues are sorted out. Or just drop the game and save the heartache.

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]