Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

I have seen this in person, but do not have consistent access to a device to verify that I can fix the problem. Consider it a top priority... once I figure out how to make it a priority of any sort :-/
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

lol
No worries, keep up the great work!
Also any news on a new player class? Not monster but player? (Never could get used to playing monster classes must be all the "wasted loot")
Old 12-09-2011, 02:52 PM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

I'll be trying to fix that in future updates. The monsters have three or four items all their own, now (none of which will break after the forthcoming update), and they can now use rings, which gives them some better end-game customization potential.

Good news, everyone!

Work has begun on the DINOMAN BRUISER player class. Our best estimates will see it be released near the end of January. More updates to come.

Also, the aforementioned changelog for 2.9.6:

Take a brief look at our upcoming game, 100 Trials, and an upcoming player class, The Dungeoneer! Demo level accessible via Challenge Mode 11 in this update.

Balance Changes:
Fire Cage and Launch Grenade now cost more energy to cast
100 Trials' Beta removed from Challenge Mode UI

UI Improvements:
Monsters now briefly display a health bar when attacked

Bug Fixes:
Issues with Impractical Trinkets and Flippable Comms Devices crashing have been resolved

Performance Improvement:
New Loading Phase added to the loading screen proper. The transition to start each level is now much smoother.

Extremely rare crash when using Launch Rocket has been prevented

Change made to address tearing between tiles on 4GS devices. As I am but a poor, humble developer, I don't have access to one of these devices myself yet. So, I cannot say for certain that this will fix the problem, but it is unfortunately the best shot in the dark I can take.

Also, also, we are within days of shipping a brand new game! While not actually a sequel to 100 Rogues, the design goal for this side-step departure from it, cleverly called '100 Trials', was to distill the mechanics of 100 Rogues into a series of 100 archetypical levels to play through. These levels were handcrafted, rather than randomly generated, to more carefully test your mettle with the mechanics, while still being much more a complete game than the puzzle-y nature of 100 Rogues' Challenge Mode.

Additionally, 100 Trials will have new items, mechanics, monsters and a new Boss monster to conquer. I've been hard at work on 100 Trials for the last few months, and am super excited to see it this close to completion. I'll make a new forum post soon with details, screenshots, etc., and post the link here.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
I'll be trying to fix that in future updates. The monsters have three or four items all their own, now (none of which will break after the forthcoming update), and they can now use rings, which gives them some better end-game customization potential.

Good news, everyone!

Work has begun on the DINOMAN BRUISER player class. Our best estimates will see it be released near the end of January. More updates to come.

Also, the aforementioned changelog for 2.9.6:

Take a brief look at our upcoming game, 100 Trials, and an upcoming player class, The Dungeoneer! Demo level accessible via Challenge Mode 11 in this update.

Balance Changes:
Fire Cage and Launch Grenade now cost more energy to cast
100 Trials' Beta removed from Challenge Mode UI

UI Improvements:
Monsters now briefly display a health bar when attacked

Bug Fixes:
Issues with Impractical Trinkets and Flippable Comms Devices crashing have been resolved

Performance Improvement:
New Loading Phase added to the loading screen proper. The transition to start each level is now much smoother.

Extremely rare crash when using Launch Rocket has been prevented

Change made to address tearing between tiles on 4GS devices. As I am but a poor, humble developer, I don't have access to one of these devices myself yet. So, I cannot say for certain that this will fix the problem, but it is unfortunately the best shot in the dark I can take.

Also, also, we are within days of shipping a brand new game! While not actually a sequel to 100 Rogues, the design goal for this side-step departure from it, cleverly called '100 Trials', was to distill the mechanics of 100 Rogues into a series of 100 archetypical levels to play through. These levels were handcrafted, rather than randomly generated, to more carefully test your mettle with the mechanics, while still being much more a complete game than the puzzle-y nature of 100 Rogues' Challenge Mode.

Additionally, 100 Trials will have new items, mechanics, monsters and a new Boss monster to conquer. I've been hard at work on 100 Trials for the last few months, and am super excited to see it this close to completion. I'll make a new forum post soon with details, screenshots, etc., and post the link here.
Looking forward to 100 Trials

100 Rogues is probably my favorite iOS rpg so i really want to play your next game
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 PM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

Oh, right, 'RPG' reminds me. 100 Trials will be closer to puzzle / action game. While skills and equipment are still there, and later levels tend to give you more of both, 100 Trials has stripped the leveling and experience systems out of 100 Rogues' mechanics.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
Oh, right, 'RPG' reminds me. 100 Trials will be closer to puzzle / action game. While skills and equipment are still there, and later levels tend to give you more of both, 100 Trials has stripped the leveling and experience systems out of 100 Rogues' mechanics.
Hey if it's a challenge that 100 Trials brings, I'm all up for it
Old 12-10-2011, 06:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I can do a beta test for you if you need me (using 4S). Don't have to be a full game just a test level or something. In any case I'll help in any way I can.

Any ETA on the 2.9.6 patch?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

It looks like it went out late Friday night, and should have become available for people throughout the day yesterday. Enjoy, everyone!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I can confirm that the annoying lines still remain on 4s
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM

They are still there, but If it makes you feel any better wes, they are less annoying then they were pre patch not quite as frequent and pronounced but still there!:-(