App description: 100 Rogues is being featured by Apple as a "Great Role-Playing Game" and is first on the list of GamePro's "36 Best iPhone Games". Need we say more? Start playing today and battle over 60 villains!

... About 100 Rogues ...
100 Rogues is a dungeon crawling adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

... Reviews ...
"One of the most captivating, refined & rewarding games on the App Store" - Touch Arcade
"100 Rogues blends arcade thrills with engrossing dungeon crawling. It's the very best of both worlds" - Mobot
"100 Rogues will take its place as one of the best role-playing games" - Pocket Gamer
"This might be the best RPG on the iPhone to date." - Final Level
"In presentation, gameplay, & charm, 100 Rogues excels" - GameZebo
"100 Rogues has taken me by the heartstrings and drives me by them as if they were reigns" - NoDPad
"Those of you looking for strategic challenge with RPG elements now have the perfect game" - Appolicious Advisor
"Dungeon crawling with a strategic twist" - TouchGen
"Retro music & distinctive monster designs smother 100 Rogues with sweet, sweet eye & ear candy" - App Safari

... Features ...
A mix of handcrafted and randomly generating maps.
Three unique player classes - with completely different skill trees and abilities. Plus, a monster class of characters with wildly different abilities and strategy requirements.
Discover swords, axes, daggers, throwing knives, rocks, food, potions, scrolls, armor and gold as well as many rare items.
Over 60 fun, challenging monsters including Skybabies, Robots, Ghosts, Candy Clowns and Gummy Rats, each with unique tactics and weaknesses.
Original artwork & arcade-style music An original score & vivid pixel art make 100 Rogues a visual and aural pleasure.
More Future additions of a fourth playable class, challenges, another environment, and more!
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
SOFTENED!
SOFTENED!

Ha! Lovining it! Softening armor for an easy kill.
05-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Mmm, this is definitely on my list for when I get my first paycheck...

05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Have to ask, you did reboot after installing?
Same thing happened to me -- had to start a new character. And no, I didn't restart the device before starting the game. Will do so now.
05-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh wow, it crashed again. I'm going to redownload.
05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch11 View Post
$4.99?? Will wait for sale.
I would say you are missing out. These are great devs and they really listened to us in the beta of the game. 5 for supporting them is cool with me... but I forget that idevice users are the $1 General Store shoppers of the video game world.

http://www.100rogues.com/
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Working very smooth for me on my iTouch 2G. After I downloaded I booted up my "System Activity Monitor" To clear up memory. I Have yet to experience a crash. Loving my Crusader btw.
05-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes rebooted of course, yes did everything I was supposed to do and yet I crashed mid-battle. First time I was on floor one. Restarted my device and cleared the first floor and thought I was good to go - same thing happened on the second floor but this time was able to get a "continue" on the screen so I thought not all was lost. But each time the load screen finishes and I "touch to start" it crashes. In the process of reinstalling now from scratch so let's hope that fixes it!
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, I just played the first two floors and although I must admit I wasn't as convinced about this game as some (which didn't stop me from buying this much-anticipated roguelike right away, mind you) I am definitely sold on it now. I can already tell there is going to be a lot of strategy in it, which is exactly what I love in a Roguelike. I also appreciate the movement and art more than I thought I might from preview videos. And the music is just awesome. I can tell there will be many hours of entertainment here.

Re: bugs--I didn't have any crashing issues so far, (I did restart my device after downloading) but I am having the apparent glitch with the skill tree where it displays a skill point, but I haven't found any way to add it. I was able to do so earlier, however, so it's not like I just don't know how to do it, so it must be a bug I suppose.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Can it only be played in portrait mode? The game looks great but I can't justify a $5 purchase if so, holding the width of the iPhone is a terrible strain on my hand
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, it's only in portrait. I wouldn't mind seeing an update which allows it to be played in landscape though. I'll just cross my fingers on that one.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms