App description: The Quest - Escape from Asteroids is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, immersive and enchanting world full of exciting challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

Your ship has run off course, Hero. You find yourself sucked into a black hole that warps you far away. The world you know so well is gone. It's as though there were a huge explosion. All around you the asteroids appear on fire. You feel great pain and pass out . You wake up in a strange room with an unearthly creature looking down on you.

The Asteroid Mage will send you on daunting missions - if you prove yourself worthy. If you survive her tests, you can fight tough monsters - join the miners' guild - mine minerals - smelt weapons and armor - cook a potion - clip a dragon's toenails - mix cement - bag Red Mole Men for a bounty - trade vrauk horns - wield a laser sword - fall in love ... But, beware, Hero, there are perils everywhere, especially in the mines!

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Mithria harbor and talk to captain Hanty, then select "Roids" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 40 before trying to take on the challenges of this new expansion. Please note that after you have traveled to your destination, you'll have no way back for a while (except if you have Marked a spot), so it is also recommended that you keep a save in Mithria.

The Quest - Escape from Asteroids has been developed by Zarista Games (www.catacomber.com) and was adapted to iPhone by Redshift.

Catacomber's comments:
Is released for iphone/ipod touch. : )

It's released by Chillingo and has a beautiful blue icon. :

Forgive me if I don't include everything I should here.

Your ship has run off course, Hero. You find yourself sucked into a black hole that warps you far away. The world you know so well is gone. It's as though there were a huge explosion. All around you asteroids appear on fire. You feel great pain and pass out. You wake up in a strange room with an unearthly creature looking down on you.

The Asteroid Mage will send you on daunting missions – if you prove yourself worthy. If you survive her tests, you can fight tough monsters – join the miners’ guild – mine minerals – smelt weapons and armor – cook a potion – clip a dragon's toenails – mix cement – bag Red Mole Men for a bounty– trade vrauk horns–wield a laser sword – fall in love . . . .BUT, BEWARE, HERO, THERE ARE PERILS EVERYWHERE, ESPECIALLY IN THE MINES!

05-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Trippy! Really really triiippyyyy!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
You get to use an absolutely new, glowing laser sword and still inhabit a medieval type world on an asteroid. : )

And mine minerals and smelt minerals and bag red mole men and make concrete and everything else there. We had an awful lot of fun!!!! Yes, it's very trippy. I know I should have put the icon up but it's the standard Quest expansion icon in blue. : ) And I don't have the image file. : ) Go kill me with your new wonderful laser sword!

: ) Or do my little quest to save the mayor of Droidtown. The Droids are suffering and only you can help them!

You get to visit Terminus, the Droid elephant graveyard and possibly keep them from a horrible death. You're needed as never before, Hero. I know you care!

Last edited by Catacomber; 05-04-2010 at 10:29 PM.
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
What is the recommended level for this?

Open Feint/Gamecenter: The Running Man
Plus+: TheRunningMan
Agon/Gameloft Live: The_Running_Man
Currently Enjoying: Games.
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
For the pre-generated character, it's about level 40. But for the normal Quest players who know how to enchant their gear, they should be able to start from Mithria at a lower level.
05-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I know it's not super 3d graphics but it has, in my humble opinion, a super story by Liz and it's only 2.99. You can laugh a lot, cry a lot, die a little, love a lot, mindread embarrassingly, and enjoy a wonderful new Quest world. : )

And enchant your gear beyond your wildest dreams. : )
05-04-2010, 11:15 PM
This is hilarious. The guys at redshift are great. They must've been like, "dude, we've done 20 expansions. Shouldn't we try something new?" And then they sent you into space through a black hole. LOL. The last thing you would think of!

This is not to mock the expansion or story, I'm sure they're up to the usual The Quest standards. I just can't imagine an official expansion to Oblivion...in SPACE!

Next you should do one where you accidentally travel to rural real-earth alabama fighting vampires, and then one where it's really trippy but in the end it was just a dream.

Now Playing: , Civilization Rev for iPad, Hero Academy, Sonic Racing, Kingdom Rush, Dungeon Raid, Where's my Where's My Water updates?
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I hope the lightsaber is decent; I'd love to be able to use it for a few expansions afterward
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
How many quests / gameplay time does this expansion contain?
05-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donner View Post
How many quests / gameplay time does this expansion contain?
i believe its around 35-40 quests. my first play-through took about 25 or so hours.

as always, if anyone needs any help feel free to ask day or night. (see my sig)

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!