★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Stormystudio
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.3 MB
  • Version: 3.01
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NEWLY UPDATED IN SPRING 2011

Number 1 - Action Game in 13 Countries (January 2011)
Number 1 - Overall Free Game & App in 3 Countries (Jan 2011)
Over 75,000 downloads in one day (January 2011)

A real world physics puzzle game to test your design and building skills to the limit.

BUILD THE TOWER up to target height using the varied blocks and make sure you've designed it well enough to survive a 10 second earthquake.

UNLOCK THE ASTEROIDS To add to the difficulty as you also have to fend off the sideways attacks.

Features unique 'Shake to Quake' functionality using the accelerometer

DIFFICULTY varies depending on the intensity of the quake, the blocks provided and the land available. Also the asteroids make it a lot tougher once they are unlocked.

LOTS OF LEVELS to complete each with its own architectural puzzle to be solved.

A HIGHSCORE is set for each level and a total is shown in the highscore menu. Can you get it above 8000?

This is my first iphone/ipod touch game and it took a long arduous 3 months of production, working on it each evening after work and in between feeding our first daughter who was born a week before I started making Quake Builder...

A year on and I've finally got round to updating it...babies do keep you busy it would seem.

Hope you like it, and please leave a good review if you enjoy playing. Many Thanks.

draper3000's comments:
Good afternoon touchArcaders...

edit: its now on the app store:

Quake Builder is going live around the country in the next 24 hours. It's already available on the New Zealand App Store.

I've just uploaded a new intense trailer to youtube...

Youtube link | Pop Up

If your interested in getting a promo code in exchange for some good reviews please 'Private message' with your best reason why or best joke and I will send some out over the weekend.
04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
video showing gameplay....

Had a few messages people saying the video looks nice, but not showing enough gameplay...

This one was made before the birds and all the levels were added...but it shows the game style....

Will make a proper how to play video asap....

Youtube link | Pop Up

04-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Had about 8 promo request so far....

please leave any feedback on the videos in this thread...

will send out a batch of promos tonight...

thanks for the interest so far....
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
promos to be sent tomorrow...

Many thanks to all the PM's requesting promos.

I have some feedback that they work and you can download and play the game but cannot review yet.

So I will send out any PROMOS tomorrow night or over the weekend.

7 more up for grabs...
04-29-2010, 10:07 PM

04-29-2010, 10:21 PM
this looks pretty neat, i will pick this up for sure!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
04-29-2010, 11:26 PM
PM Sent

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
04-30-2010, 04:32 AM
many many thanks to Goimot for posting the details.

Its gone live today!!! , my wife has just bought it....fingers crossed for a good first day of sales...

17 promos have been sent out,

3 remaining...

PM me your best joke and the top 3 will get a promo
04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Alrighty so I played through the whole game. Seeing how I'm Californian pro at making earthquake safe buildings LOL. It is a short game only 20 levels. The physics were a bit too touchy for me always had stuff flying around. the levels have a good variation to them, not the same thing over and over. And the quakes add a different difficulty to some levels.I like having to shake my phone to start the quake. The one and only level I had a problem with was the dreaded LVL 18. That one is hard to pull off. Some observations.

Need a pause button. I pressed the info button but it doesn't pause the time running down.

The needle on the timer after starting the quake wouldn't make it all the way around.

A little typo on the intro to level 14

Those are just minor things. I would like to see more variation in the background would be nice I did like the art style. the unhappy birds add a new difficulty to the whole game. It did make me laugh when they came on screen trying to knock down my buildings.Overall good start. Its a fun physics game. Congrats on your first game and on your monster I mean princess
04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Pm sent!!!