★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Get your game on! Hoops Madness VS coming soon!

05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Get your game on! Hoops Madness VS coming soon!

It's NBA Playoff time! While your fave team is battling for the Championship get your game on with Hoops Madness VS!

We're in final test right now!

I've updated this to contain newer details to reflect things. The official name of the product now is Hoops Madness VS! VS for Versus. This is an iPad only version of the game, and features a kick-A 2 player versus mode!

And of course, there is still a single player mode as well!

Aside from the enhanced graphics for the iPad, the game will also have

-Arcade (tap to shoot) and Flick modes
-Timed and Endurance modes for both shooting modes
-Themes! Your choice between the Hoops Madness theme and Lumpy Hoops theme. And we'll be adding more later!




Thanks for everyone that has given their feedback. Icon-wise, we ended up with this:


Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!

Last edited by mobileben; 05-26-2010 at 07:45 PM.
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
I like D on the top and then A.



By XL are you converting the Hoops Madness that is already out to be a universal build? Or are you saying you are making a universal build that will be a different purchase from the existing game?


I think this game would be great for the ipad.

05-05-2010, 03:16 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I like D on the top and then A.



By XL are you converting the Hoops Madness that is already out to be a universal build? Or are you saying you are making a universal build that will be a different purchase from the existing game?


I think this game would be great for the ipad.
What he said (icon voting wise) but then again when it comes to choosing the big icon, for me at least, it was a no brainer since the clipping of the man in B-E just looks extremely off. Maybe it's just me but I say have the guy entirely in shot or not at all. So if you completely axed the silhouette, I'd choose D for the big icon as it then really matches the style of the little icon down to top/bottom coloration and the whited out basketball.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I like D on the top and then A.



By XL are you converting the Hoops Madness that is already out to be a universal build? Or are you saying you are making a universal build that will be a different purchase from the existing game?


I think this game would be great for the ipad.
Thanks for your comments.

Just curious on the text logo, you like blue on top for HOOPS or red on top for HOOPS? That is one of the big controversies here.

The original thought, not knowing any better, was making this a different purchase. Thanks for bringing this up, since maybe we need to rethink this strategy. The thought was this. This app will be at a higher price point and is a much larger package.

We were thinking that since the regular version is really more catered towards iPhone/iPod (which is a much larger market base) and can be more easily downloaded OTA, so it makes sense to keep it. The regular version also has less features. For example, Flick is an in app purchase.

What I worry about is by coming out with a pure Universal version as an update, we hurt potential iPhone/iPod users that will scrutinize the product even more based on the price.

Not such a good strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
What he said (icon voting wise) but then again when it comes to choosing the big icon, for me at least, it was a no brainer since the clipping of the man in B-E just looks extremely off. Maybe it's just me but I say have the guy entirely in shot or not at all. So if you completely axed the silhouette, I'd choose D for the big icon as it then really matches the style of the little icon down to top/bottom coloration and the whited out basketball.
Sorry about that ... that was my fault. The guy isn't really cut off, I cropped the logo so I could show more of them on screen. Here is an example of what the full screen looks like



so based on this now ... your thoughts?

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Sorry I was not clear. I like D for the icon and A for the logo.


I really think you should consider a universal build and if not I would try to price the ipad version at a low price. I remember there being a lot of people that were unhappy that you came out with a flick version right after the original (which was right after Lumpy Hoops). Some felt that it should have been an update to the original. I own all three version and realize that they play different but it still comes off as a little odd.

Keep in mind a lot of people buying an ipad already have an iphone or a touch. Most iphone games look really good on the ipad. So, unless you are adding a lot of new gameplay elements, people are going to just play their iphone version of your game on the ipad. Just a thought.
05-05-2010, 05:47 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Sorry I was not clear. I like D for the icon and A for the logo.


I really think you should consider a universal build and if not I would try to price the ipad version at a low price. I remember there being a lot of people that were unhappy that you came out with a flick version right after the original (which was right after Lumpy Hoops). Some felt that it should have been an update to the original. I own all three version and realize that they play different but it still comes off as a little odd.

Keep in mind a lot of people buying an ipad already have an iphone or a touch. Most iphone games look really good on the ipad. So, unless you are adding a lot of new gameplay elements, people are going to just play their iphone version of your game on the ipad. Just a thought.
We're definitely learning from our mistakes. So your comments are very helpful ! We have consolidated our lineup to be Hoops Madness only where newer features will either be provided thru updates or in app purchases.

The newer version does have a newer feature that we think is pretty cool. Just cleaning it up before we talk about it more!

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
05-07-2010, 01:38 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,075
I just bought an iPad. Oh hey look, a 2nproductions iPad app. I think I'll be buying this.

Icon - D
Logo - D

So, double D's and MADNESS should be red

Now I hope you guys don't plan on leaving Lumpy behind without an upgraded iPad experience. That would be a mistake.
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Zgrunturos and San Francisco
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
I just bought an iPad. Oh hey look, a 2nproductions iPad app. I think I'll be buying this.

Icon - D
Logo - D

So, double D's and MADNESS should be red

Now I hope you guys don't plan on leaving Lumpy behind without an upgraded iPad experience. That would be a mistake.
Cool, thanks for your feedback!

We are sampling right now with getting Lumpy artwork. Not sure if we'll actually move QuitIt! straight onto it, but maybe a version of it. We were thinking maybe of something like "Lumpy's Playhouse" or "Lumpy's Playland"?

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Next to the Maiden
Posts: 1,984
05-08-2010, 01:16 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 658
i liked C on both

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything