★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New puzzle game... Open for Suggestions(POLL)

View Poll Results: What should the name of the game be? (won't necessarily determine the final product)
Pathz 2 18.18%
Vertex 6 54.55%
Zinuon 2 18.18%
Bridges/iBridges/Bridgez 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
New puzzle game... Open for Suggestions(POLL)

UPDATE: THIS THREAD WILL SOON CLOSE. A FRESH THREAD ABOUT THIS GAME, WITH THE UPDATED DESCRIPTION AND REVISED GAMEPLAY IDEAS WILL BE IN THE DEV. SECTION. FEEDBACK WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED IN THAT THREAD. IT IS CALLED, "Developing Puzzle Game . . . Open for suggestions" THANK YOU.

Last edited by anduril_ukr; 03-01-2009 at 10:57 PM.
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm not really getting how this game plays. Is it similar to any other game or is it completely new and original??

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
As long as you don't have to match three of something I'm sure people will be interested. Hard to tell from the description though. Really, who knows until you try it. What is there to lose but some time and money, call it a learning experience if it fails.

MAX 3D Artist in Training
02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I'm not really getting how this game plays. Is it similar to any other game or is it completely new and original??
The reason I am worried about the appeal is because it is based on a math concept. However, I believe it will still be very fun. It is based on Eulerian paths, which are networks where you can travel across every edge (side) once without every going on an edge twice. You can google eulerian paths if you want. It is kind of hard to explain.
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
The reason I am worried about the appeal is because it is based on a math concept. However, I believe it will still be very fun. It is based on Eulerian paths, which are networks where you can travel across every edge (side) once without every going on an edge twice. You can google eulerian paths if you want. It is kind of hard to explain.
I'm assuming you will add a tutorial then, I agree with the poster who said to try it and if it doesn't go as expected take it as a learning experience

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
As a highschooler I was completely lost by this concept. But it seems really cool.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
I say go for it. sounds good.
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I'm assuming you will add a tutorial then, I agree with the poster who said to try it and if it doesn't go as expected take it as a learning experience
Yes, I will add a tutorial. It sounds confusing at first, but once you get it will be easier. The puzzles won't be extremely difficult, but perhaps somewhat daunting, as it is completely open ended on where to start/how to traverse and many will have multiple solutions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
BTW, Our first version will likely be very simple and quick. However, we may add twists to newer versions that will add a lot of fun to the game. We will then likely raise the price to $1.99. Any suggestions for what to add to this game (you can look eulerian paths)? If you have further questions about concept of the game, please ask.
02-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
BTW, Our first version will likely be very simple and quick. However, we may add twists to newer versions that will add a lot of fun to the game. We will then likely raise the price to $1.99. Any suggestions for what to add to this game (you can look eulerian paths)? If you have further questions about concept of the game, please ask.
is there an online type version of this game we can try? try to get good graphics! Matching colors and such, not some ugly thing.

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...