★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DropZone is a highly addictive pure genius of a game that will keep you and your friends entertained for months!

"Simple tap to drop game play so simple in fact anyone can play but be warned it gets harder!" ***** Stars

"The beauty of DropZone is in it's simplicity!" ***** Stars

"Warning! DropZone is highly addictive!" ***** Stars

"Fantastic game, so simple so great so buy it" ***** Stars

3 new game modes!!!

Time limited

Time attack (3 modes)

Kamikaze

Coming soon...

UtopianGames.co.uk's comments:
***Edit***

1.1 has just been released including 3 extra game modes, time attack, pressure and kamikaze!!!

DropZone has been released tonight and we think it's our best one yet!

Simple, addictive, pick up and play may be some words used to describe Dropzone but play a little further and i think you will be using at least a few stronger words

Youtube link | Pop Up

We have 50 promo codes available but would like to run some sort of competition/promotion....any ideas?

DropZone available now 99c

Regards,

Darren.
05-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, I'll review it for ya if you send me a code

05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
just some sort of twitter giveaway by making people tweet about the game and then giving them a code?? thats one suggestion and all i can think of.

or new ideas for upcoming updates?

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I was hoping this was Archer McLean's awesome classic.

Disappointed!

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
What kind of leaderboards are in this game ? Also is there a timer or can you take all the time you want ?

Last edited by cranker; 05-05-2010 at 06:54 PM.
05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
We used gamesalad to make this and atm they only have local leaderboards.

We did play with the idea of a time limit and most of the testers were against a timer so guess we will have to wait and see on that one but it wouldn't be a problem to have differn't modes i guess in future updates.

Darren.
05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtopianGames.co.uk View Post
We used gamesalad to make this and atm they only have local leaderboards.

We did play with the idea of a time limit and most of the testers were against a timer so guess we will have to wait and see on that one but it wouldn't be a problem to have differn't modes i guess in future updates.

Darren.
It's a shame because for me it's hard to get addicted to a score based game without any leaderboards.

I am still tempted though

Last edited by cranker; 05-05-2010 at 07:22 PM.
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Game Impressions

Ok, played this for a bit, and I like it!
The video pretty much explains it very well - watch that and you will have all the rules of the game, so far as I can tell (I got to level 4, @ 318 points or so..?) Impressed to see this is a Gamesalad creation as well

As-is, the game is definitely an enjoyable experience for $0.99. I played it once to get the hang of it, another time to say I at least played it twice (and started climbing levels a bit), and then the "just one more time" kicked in and I spent a good 20-30 min hammering away at it. It's quite fun in it's simplicity, and reminds me of what the iPhone is perfect for - these fun, cute little time-wasters that have some simple gimmick. The more you play, the more it ups the ante, and suddenly you need to see how far you can get.

If there was OpenFeint in it I am sure I would immediately feel compelled to dominate the leaderboards

Wishes - an "easy quit" or pause, or something (pressing the lower area, or score, or somewhere should bring up a pause menu). Lack of it doesn't really hurt this game.

SUGGESTION - do something more with the life-up heart. I like how it is used already, but perhaps if you have A. full life and B. don't grab the heart, you get a 2X score multiplier. It lasts until you hit the heart, or die. Then last long enough to get a 2nd heart onscreen, and get a 3X multiplier, and so on. Crazy, eh? This game is all about the risk vs. reward as it is (and does that very well) - and further (subtle) exploitation of that opens it up to be even more addicting.

I will pimp this in my game review blog for you, 'cause it's a lot of fun and I want to see people pick it up Good job!
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Also, immediate thought was there could be a time attack mode.. basically you compete to see who gets the best clear time for each level, make sense?
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
now out in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.