★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you have what it takes to impress Ol' Master Ninja and reach the lofty pinnacle of the Trees Of Doom!? Enjoy the fun, action-packed climbing game that Destructoid.com said "may consume your life", now for it's best price ever! FREE!

In addition to the gameplay you've always loved, you can now enjoy these brand new features in our latest update!

Earn new Feroshi Coins each time you climb, and use them to unlock new power-ups, Ninja outfits and more in the brand-new Ninjatown Store!

Reach heights you've never seen by taking your power-ups to the next level! With up to five upgrade levels of each, you'll be able to get up the tree faster than ever before!

Brand new Facebook integration lets you compete against your Facebook friends! If they don't have Ninjatown yet, well, tell them to download it now! It's FREE!

Try your luck with Feroshi's Magic Scolls! Every day you get a free spin and every spin wins! Come back each day for a chance to win up to 50,000 Feroshi Coins!

Check out some of our reviews from across the web!

Destructoid.com - "...be warned - it may consume your life, and I don't say this lightly!"

Slidetoplay.com (4/4) - "...this is one amazing game that deserves as much attention as it can muster."

Appsmile.com (5/5) - "Mixing simple controls, cutesy graphics, and just-one-more-try gameplay, Ninjatown is both exciting and addictive."

Appspy.com (5/5) - "...polished and unique gameplay will keep you glued to your screen again and again.

GamingBits (5/5) - "All I have to say is: get it."

To learn more, visit http://www.venanarcade.com
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina ScreenShots
(click to enlarge)

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/05/06/ni...for-wee-ninja/

What's New In Version 1.3.0
NINJATOWN: TREES OF DOOM! has been a huge success, and it's all thanks to you! Because you've been so supportive, the least we can do is continually offer you awesome FREE updates!

In our eye-popping RETINA UPDATE, we've added full support for the iPhone 4's killer new display, making Wee Ninja and his compatriots sharper and crisper than ever before! Once you've downloaded the update, just start up the game to download the new iPhone 4 artwork!

Even if you're not one of those lucky iPhone 4 owners, don't worry! We've got plenty of stuff for everyone: MULTI-TASKING SUPPORT for iOS 4 users, NEW WARP BOMBS that appear when you reach 2,500, 5,000, and 10,000 meters, and TWO NEW PLAYABLE NINJAS! See if you can spot the tree-hugging Forest Ninja and ice cream-loving White Ninja in the dizzying heights of the TREES OF DOOM! Once you've found their outfits, just poke your ninja in the main menu to switch between outfits!

"Surely this is it," you're thinking! "Surely they can't add anything else to this game!" Well, you are wrong, sir or madam! We have yet even MORE updates planned in the future, so spread the word, tell your friends, and keep those 5 star reviews rolling in!
What's New In Version 1.2.0

- TIMED MODE gives you an entirely NEW way to climb the Trees of Doom!
- 11 new Plus+ Awards for you to earn!.

What's New in Version 1.1.0

- Say hello to Anti-Ninja! - Emergency saves!
- The 1,000 Meter Bomb!
- Easier tree segments! - Bug fixes! Curse those pesky bugs!
05-05-2010, 07:05 PM

TA Review : http://toucharcade.com/2010/05/06/ni...for-wee-ninja/

Trees of Doom's appeal comes largely thanks to its crisp, richly colored artwork. Sure, the gameplay itself is an interesting spin on the usual tilt or tap mechanic, requiring quite a bit of dexterity and skill to land precision jumps, but at the end of the day we know what these games are about. They're about high scores and quick games that keep you coming back for more. Trees of Doom definitely delivers on this, and looks great to boot. If you liked Doodle Jump and other see-how-high-you-can-go games, and you like Ninjas (who doesn't) then this is definitely a worthwhile pickup.
(Full Review)
Reader Impressions..

Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
Well, it's a fun endless climb game, with quite a bit of variety. The controls can be a little finicky; gauging how high you will jump can be difficult because it's based on how long you tap rather than where you tap. Also I've had issues when flinging off of branches; sometimes the game doesn't register my touch, I think the touch detection area is far too small for those. Those small issues aside it's a lot of fun, and there's nothing that can't be fixed in a small update.

I got Space Miner during the first sale, so I saved two bucks. Exactly the price of this game. Space Miner has given me far more value than the 3 bucks I paid for it, and more even than the 5 that I would have happily paid in retrospect. I have no qualms whatsoever tossing this quality dev a bone, even though I normally don't ike paying more than 99 cents for this sort of game.
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
After Space Miner, I would have bought Venan's followup even if it had been shown to cause cancer. Fortunately, Ninjatown is not only carcinogenic-free, but also cute, fun, and thoroughly polished. It may resemble a Doodle Jump clone, but don't let that fool you: the game plays much more like a true platformer, albeit vertical, than a tilt-based reaction game. And that's the thing; Ninjatown can move fast if you want it to, but it also allows the kind of deliberateness that's at the core of all the best platformers. Part of me wishes that they'd gone farther in that direction and included multiple lives, level breaks, and a final objective. Still, I know that this kind of endless set up is very popular in the App Store, so I understand why they took this route.

Polished, cute, and fun. That about sums it up.
Originally Posted by laladanger View Post
Cute, fun little platforming pick up and play game. I enjoy being able to plan out my actions instead of simply acting on a tilt. Just don't stay in one place too long thinking when an enemy is nearby. The ones that fly close to the trees will surely get you. The background tree music and sound effects help you to get in the mood of the game. There are a wide variety power-ups each with their own sound effects and character changes. Not to mention the common objects which lay on both trees that will either help you or hinder you on your journey. I can already see it becoming addicting when I think, "Oh just one more game," ten times later. The only thing I wish there was in this game would be levels to play through. This isn't a maker or braker though.
Originally Posted by caltab View Post
I'm having a lot of fun with this on my touch. When I first got it last night I was trying it on my iPad, and have to say really wasn't enjoying it. I think the controls just aren't very smooth on the larger device. Today I have been playing it on my touch and it's a much better experience. I really like how you aren't constantly moving in this game and can think a little bit about your next move.
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
Played around with it a little bit today and I am glad that I purchased it. Its another quality title from Venan.

The animations of the ninja are really well done, as is the background and the enemies. I like it that you arent pressed on to move and you can really think about your next steps.

The only thing thats a little bit of a problem is that it just takes a while to get really tricky. Maybe they should add another difficulty level that starts out with more obstacles.

But I think its money well spend.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-31-2010 at 10:17 AM.

05-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Damn. Did Apple decide to approve everything today?

And yes, I will be buying this as well.
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes I've been waiting for this one!!!
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow. A lot of cool games this week.
05-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Bloody hell, what an awesome (expensive) day to be an igamer.

Invaders Must Die.
05-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Bloody hell, what an awesome (expensive) day to be an igamer.
You could say that again!
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
You could say that again!
Please don't make me

My wallet is offically barren.

Invaders Must Die.
05-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Location: "The nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms..."
Blazing blueberry bananaphone, how great 'tis to be an iDevice gamer in 2010 with no end in sight to the constant downpour of great inexpensive games. Because I was just told that I could say it again(although this is my first time saying it), I shall: Bloody hell, what an awesome day to be an igamer!

BBB count: 11
Castor and Pollox blow me to Bermuda!
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
HAHAHAHA, nice one man!

Invaders Must Die.