★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Phoenix Wright

05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Phoenix Wright

What ever happened to this? There's a SlideToPlay video on Youtube showing someone playing what looks like a complete version, from Febuary, what gives?
05-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Unreleased yet
/thread

05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
We havn't heard anything since that video. Man, I'm really jealous of STP since I've been dying to even play a bit since I heard about the iPhone port last year. I'm actually tempted to e-mail Capcom asking if it's still in development. I don't see any reason for why this is taking so long, since all the scripts are all there unless they added an extra chapter to the iPhone version (which I hope is the case).
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry, the question wasn't 'Point out the obvious...?'

You're good though, if it had been, phew...you'da got it!
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
It this rate it'll be faster for someone to just mod the japanese version to include the english script. Surprised no one's done it already, actually.
05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
We havn't heard anything since that video. Man, I'm really jealous of STP since I've been dying to even play a bit since I heard about the iPhone port last year. I'm actually tempted to e-mail Capcom asking if it's still in development. I don't see any reason for why this is taking so long, since all the scripts are all there unless they added an extra chapter to the iPhone version (which I hope is the case).

Initially I was worried it was going to come out in seperate chapters, I heard that's how it came out in Japan, and now it doesn't seem to be coming at all.

To be honest I just want it to hurry up, be a really big success, and then hopefully they bring along the second one.
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
Initially I was worried it was going to come out in seperate chapters, I heard that's how it came out in Japan, and now it doesn't seem to be coming at all.

To be honest I just want it to hurry up, be a really big success, and then hopefully they bring along the second one.
I honestly wouldn't care if they came in separate chapters. It'd overall be cheaper than the DS version, and they could easily add more chapters without having to create a whole other app, reducing the time. But at this point, I just want the game in any way, shape, or form.

If I could get a Japanese copy of the game, I could probably find a script translation online, and might be able to mod it that way if possible.
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
I honestly wouldn't care if they came in separate chapters. It'd overall be cheaper than the DS version, and they could easily add more chapters without having to create a whole other app, reducing the time. But at this point, I just want the game in any way, shape, or form.

If I could get a Japanese copy of the game, I could probably find a script translation online, and might be able to mod it that way if possible.
It sounds like a lot of effort, I mean the new character download for SF4 shows that Capcom is still interested in iDevices. Every time I go into the 'Upcoming Games' forum I see 'Phoenix Spirit' and slightly freak out before my mind catches up.
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
It sounds like a lot of effort, I mean the new character download for SF4 shows that Capcom is still interested in iDevices. Every time I go into the 'Upcoming Games' forum I see 'Phoenix Spirit' and slightly freak out before my mind catches up.
Yeah, I know how you feel. Stupid Phoenix Spirit... I want Phoenix WRIGHT!

Does anyone know if Capcom has a twitter? If so, anyone want to ask about this on there?