★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CrossRoads

05-05-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 05-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Will see later if I have time for the review
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I purchased it and the extra maps.

One thing, the game needs a fast forward button. I'm surprised there isn't one already in the game. Second I think they should have an option to flip the screen instead of automatically changing it if you turn your device, a couple times when shaking to remove clouds I had to wait for it to flip back. Not a huge issue but I'd rather just set it then forget it.

So far though the game is fun. I really enjoy the colorful graphics.
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Game Impressions

How many vehicles can you route as your patting your head and rubbing your tummy?

You've seen car routing games like this before (Car Mania, Taxi Drive, Taxi Jam, etc.) with the object being to properly route each vehicle to its appropriate destination through the city's maze of one lane streets without anybody hitting each other. Every vehicle routed to its proper destination scores you a point. So, decent but nothing too special so far, well, if that was all there was to it! This game's hook comes by way of each of the game's maps unique environmental hazards that require appropriate action to clear them out of your way (either blocking you from routing the vehicles or potentially causing your poor vehicles to get wrecked. So by rubbing, tapping, shaking, etc. the player will clear that map's hazard and play resumes. Routing can get tricky enough when the screen is chock full of vehicles, but having to remember to rub/tap/shake/swipe at the appropriate times can make things really crazy.

So, overall a cute game that starts with some 4 maps with another 4 available in the store at this point (1 is free and the other 3 could also be free if you act quick enough, check out the dev's website for more information on this). As far as I can tell just local score tracking at this point with the ability to post your last game's score on Twitter or Facebook (my only whine being that it doesn't bother to say which map you just made that score on).

EDIT: Continue discussion on the official Dev thread : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=54082

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 05-06-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: new thread link