★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FABULAPPS
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.2 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Crossroads is an amazingly addicting and easy to play game. How many cars will you get to their destination without having an accident?

Guide vehicles through a bunch of beautiful maps using pleasant and simple controls!
Shake your iPhone to chase away clouds, burst balloons that are covering your screen, crush zombies and more!

FEATURES:

Simple and Addicting Gameplay
Multiplayer: Up to 2 players over local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
5 Cute and Different Maps included
Stunning Graphics & Outstanding Efffects
Great Soundtrack and Sound Effects Listen your own iPod music while playing the game
OpenFeint Enable : 60+ Achievements, Leaderboards

REVIEWS:

"Were delighted to say that CrossRoads did the impossible it made line-drawing games feel fresh again."
- 4/5 Gamezebo

"All in all, CrossRoads is an easy-to-learn and addictive line drawing game. Smart level design, clever interactive elements, and a fun multiplayer mode are the highlights of the game."
- MacWorld

"Buy the app! Its an app that has tons of content from the fun filled maps to the extensive amounts of OpenFeint achievements that can be earned. CrossRoads is an app that is a must buy." 5/5 - Appmodo

Featured in "New and Noteworthy", "Hot New Games" and "What's Hot".

Fabulapps's comments:

CrossRoads is now available in the Appstore, learn more about CrossRoads here.

05-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Love this game. Awesome line drawing action!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

05-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Love this game but it really, really needs a fast forward button!!
05-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Ah the devs official thread. Here is what I posted about my first impressions last night.

I purchased it and the extra maps.

One thing, the game needs a fast forward button. I'm surprised there isn't one already in the game. Second I think they should have an option to flip the screen instead of automatically changing it if you turn your device, a couple times when shaking to remove clouds I had to wait for it to flip back. Not a huge issue but I'd rather just set it then forget it.

So far though the game is fun. I really enjoy the colorful graphics.
05-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Ah the devs official thread. Here is what I posted about my first impressions last night.

I purchased it and the extra maps.

One thing, the game needs a fast forward button. I'm surprised there isn't one already in the game. Second I think they should have an option to flip the screen instead of automatically changing it if you turn your device, a couple times when shaking to remove clouds I had to wait for it to flip back. Not a huge issue but I'd rather just set it then forget it.

So far though the game is fun. I really enjoy the colorful graphics.
Ah, so it's premium + DLC? The base price is $1.99. How much are the extra maps and how many are there? The description gives zero input about the game.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Maybe a mod can merge the threads together?

So that LordGek's impressions will not go to waste.
05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Ah, so it's premium + DLC? The base price is $1.99. How much are the extra maps and how many are there? The description gives zero input about the game.
Each map is $0.99 but you can buy all 3 for $1.99. One of the maps is currently free to download.

I noticed some achievement for scoring big like 200+ but without a fast forward button it would take a long time to get that far.
05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Wow just saw the story yesterday (?maybe) and then boom here it is! This week is a pretty full week for releases!
05-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Game Impressions

How many vehicles can you route as your patting your head and rubbing your tummy?

You've seen car routing games like this before (Car Mania, Taxi Drive, Taxi Jam, etc.) with the object being to properly route each vehicle to its appropriate destination through the city's maze of one lane streets without anybody hitting each other. Every vehicle routed to its proper destination scores you a point. So, decent but nothing too special so far, well, if that was all there was to it! This game's hook comes by way of each of the game's maps unique environmental hazards that require appropriate action to clear them out of your way (either blocking you from routing the vehicles or potentially causing your poor vehicles to get wrecked. So by rubbing, tapping, shaking, etc. the player will clear that map's hazard and play resumes. Routing can get tricky enough when the screen is chock full of vehicles, but having to remember to rub/tap/shake/swipe at the appropriate times can make things really crazy.

Overall a cute game that starts with some 4 maps with another 4 available in the store at this point (1 is free and the other 3 could also be free if you act quick enough, check out the dev's website for more information on this). Open Feint supports (leaderboards and achievements) with the ability to post your last game's score on Twitter or Facebook (my only whine being that it doesn't bother to say which map you just made that score on).

4/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Remember people, there is a contest going on for the first 10 days of its release where you can get three of the DLC maps FOR FREE as well as enter a drawing for a brand new iPad!

Click here for details:
http://www.fabulapps.com/contest/index.php

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews