★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ASD Soft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 29.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Do you remember the game "Nether Earth" on ZX Spectrum and Amiga? Now enjoy it on the iPhone!

3D real-time strategy.

Battlefield Moon
"The year is 2109. Mankind faces an energy crisis. Industrial powers have exhausted all natural resources. However scientists have found the solution - Helium III. The most powerful corporations were ready to tear the Moon to pieces. The satellite is now involved in war..."

Battlefield Moon - is a challenging and engaging real-time strategic game packed full of action. The action takes place in one of the "inhabited" craters of the Moon. Your mission is to protect your own base from the
hostile enemy and destroy the opposition camp.

Features:
- an exciting storyline;
- a dangerous enemy leading to impressively dramatic space battles;
- the opportunity to create your own robots and develop your own strategy;
- 3 levels of difficulty;
- numerous options for game control;
- stunning effects and amazing 3D graphics.

Follow: http://twitter.com/asdsoft

Tutt22's comments:
Battlefield Moon is out. RTS game. Anyone know anything about it?

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/id370402196?mt=8
05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
ANY 1 BOUGHT how is the game?
05-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-06-2010, 09:58 AM
I bought it and I've played a bit with it. So far all I can say is that it's not a throwaway title (in fact, there's a fair amount of polish), and that it's somewhat odd -- not sure whether that's good or bad. Probably won't get to play much till this afternoon.
05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks Squarezero. I may pick this up and give it a try for 99c since I'm an RTS fanatic. Is it really an RTS because I can't visualize what the gameplay is like from the stills.
05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutt22 View Post
Thanks Squarezero. I may pick this up and give it a try for 99c since I'm an RTS fanatic. Is it really an RTS because I can't visualize what the gameplay is like from the stills.
Yes, but as far as I can tell right now, it's very slow. You generate robots and then give them basic instructions (as in Find the Enemy or Defend this Spot). The interesting twist is that you can attach yourself to one of the robots and control it directly. The problem is that the robots move very slowly and the enemy is far off, so for an unreasonable chunk of time you're waiting for the two meet each other. The game is also completely silent except for weapon fire, so for me it got boring really quickly.

Not badly done, just oddly paced.