★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Great Puzzle Game! - BrainFreeze

02-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Great Puzzle Game! - BrainFreeze

This is a 1 week old app the just went on sale for FREE in the app store, it doesn't look like it's gotten much attention at all, but it definitely deserves some!

Here's a screenshot of 1 level:

The object is to match tiles of the same colour side by side, by pressing the sides of the screen (Accelerator can also be used) to make all of the tiles fall that way. There are obstacles on the levels to make it more challenging.

DEFINITELY check it out.

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObject...6bYksjYoY1eOJg

(On sale for 1 week)
02-18-2009, 09:25 PM
downloading now
might write a review

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Is this similar experience to Puzzle FLIP?

Only matching instead of getting to the correct space.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Looks decent. I'll try it and come back with a report.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Played it for awhile and was impressed with it so that I left a nice review about it. First levels easy but as you progress it gets more complicated. Nice game for all who like puzzles. Glad to see its free or would probably passed over it.
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Yea, I might have paid $0.99 for it, but it used to be $1.99.

I'm glad that I posted this on here, cuz before it had no reviews, but now thanks to us it has 3, and that may boost their sales a bit.

It's always good to help out other people with their apps that they put a lot of effort into.
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Looks like a nice game. Release date shows December though - so it's beenaround for almost two months

Thanks for finding this - I was looking for a new game today to keep me entertained on the road.
02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
Yea, I might have paid $0.99 for it, but it used to be $1.99.

I'm glad that I posted this on here, cuz before it had no reviews, but now thanks to us it has 3, and that may boost their sales a bit.

It's always good to help out other people with their apps that they put a lot of effort into.
Especially when they lower it down to being free......if I like the game (or not) I feel I owe it to the dev to post a review.

Edit: Thanks for the post by the way. (was actually on my way back to TA to do the same thing but you beat me to it....heh)

Last edited by Coldar; 02-18-2009 at 10:20 PM.
02-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizArd View Post
Looks like a nice game. Release date shows December though - so it's beenaround for almost two months

Thanks for finding this - I was looking for a new game today to keep me entertained on the road.
Oh yea you're right, on AppShopper it says Feb 9th, but that's just the update I guess, it doesn't show the date of release. But then I checked iTunes and it says December 22nd.
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh wow.

Great, GREAT game. Easily worth a couple of bucks, but available for free. This is the reason the app store is so damned addictive and compelling, because you find little gems like this.

To clarify how this works, you can touch the screen or use the accelerometer to apply gravity to all blocks either up, down, left, or right. All blocks (well, movable blocks) will go that direction until they can't go any further. You move the blocks in different directions to get blocks of the same color next to each other and remove them.

This is a logic game, NOT a twitch puzzler. I'm on level 20 and the game is getting fiendishly challenging, with the inclusion of fixed barrier, "lock blocks" that will stick a block in place like glue if they slide over the lock, directional spaces on the floor that only allow movement in one direction, and blocks that break after they are hit a certain number of times.

The game is very well polished. The visuals and sounds are simple, but clean and suit the game really well. If you're still reading this, then for goodness sakes, just go download it already!

Last edited by Misguided; 02-19-2009 at 08:09 AM.