Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,515
Default Land Air Sea Warfare - New RTS like Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up





HD YouTube Video - Download the free demo for Mac or Windows.

Online game manual with a text tutorial and game play tips, all of the units and technology stats.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 05-26-2010 at 12:55 PM..
  #2  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:16 AM
h0130j03 h0130j03 is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,272
Default

this actually looks pretty cool!

EDIT: uuuuuuh... is the video the same game?

Last edited by h0130j03; 05-07-2010 at 04:22 AM..
  #3  
Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 AM
CzarCastic CzarCastic is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
this actually looks pretty cool!

EDIT: uuuuuuh... is the video the same game?
Definitely the wrong video. Airstrike Defense is a different game.
  #4  
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Definitely the wrong video. Airstrike Defense is a different game.
Oops
  #5  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Crazybreadman Crazybreadman is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 317
Default

Anyone get this game yet? It looks like it has a lot of potential but I cant find any vids or anything.
  #6  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
weehoo weehoo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: the stars
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybreadman View Post
Anyone get this game yet? It looks like it has a lot of potential but I cant find any vids or anything.
If you go to the developer's website there is a free demo for Mac and Windows, which should give you an idea of what the iphone version is like. It's an 81mb file for Mac's and should download pretty fast. I love RTS games and this one is pretty cool. However, I am more of a "Company of Hero" type RTS fan, where the gameplay emotionally bonds you to your troops and a good strategy is essential for victory. This game is more of a cluster-f@(k, where you just pump out as many units as you can and watch them kill each other. There are many units to choose from but none really carry any depth to them except the super-sized, mega units. I would honestly recommend this to any RTS fan, but I will be skipping out on this one as my palate is accustomed to a finer taste in that genre.
  #7  
Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehoo View Post
If you go to the developer's website there is a free demo for Mac and Windows, which should give you an idea of what the iphone version is like. It's an 81mb file for Mac's and should download pretty fast. I love RTS games and this one is pretty cool. However, I am more of a "Company of Hero" type RTS fan, where the gameplay emotionally bonds you to your troops and a good strategy is essential for victory. This game is more of a cluster-f@(k, where you just pump out as many units as you can and watch them kill each other. There are many units to choose from but none really carry any depth to them except the super-sized, mega units. I would honestly recommend this to any RTS fan, but I will be skipping out on this one as my palate is accustomed to a finer taste in that genre.
I'm not a big fan of this genre, but I always thought that Company of Heroes is more tactical than strategic...

In any event, I just tried this out on my iPad and it's actually very cool. Seems to have tons of depth and tons of content, with massive replayability through randomly generated maps. Interface seems very responsive, and there's even some voice acting to liven up the experience. There's also some nice detail, like the fact that you can only see part of the map that you have explored (which makes sending out scouts a must) and sound is limited to the visible area. The help/tutorial is available only within the game, so be prepared to get clobbered while you figure out what to do (though I'm sure that experienced RTS gamers can probably pick this up without a problem). I wish the world had more personality to it, and a core story would be appreciated, but so far it seems like the kind of game you can really sink into.
  #8  
Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Looks good - kinda like an old school PC RTS.
Anyone feel like TOFTTing?
  #9  
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Looks good - kinda like an old school PC RTS.
Anyone feel like TOFTTing?
See above.
  #10  
Old 05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
LBG LBG is offline
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
See above.
ah right, thanks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent