★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: KERN - Anyone tried this out yet?

02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
KERN - Anyone tried this out yet?

I'm thinking about some purchases this week (Light Riders, iDracula) and was wondering if anyone has tried out KERN yet?

I do graphic design for a living and this seems like a pretty neat concept for a game. I'm kind of hesitant to buy it even if it is $.99, I was wanting to get some more opinions. I know Touch Arcade gave it a pretty positive write-up as did 148Apps. The big thing is how many levels or words are there?

App Store Link
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
there aren't really levels. It just keeps sending you words and I can't tell how many words there are but I am getting repeats even only playing a short time. the words don't really matter so much as the letters themselves. I can't recall if it was necessarily the same letters you are "matching" for the same words. And your goal is to get a high score. It's just local high score.

Overall a fine $0.99 game based on a unique concept, but it's not necessarily worth a whole lot more than that at this stage. Simple mechanic. just competing against yourself.

02-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I bought it tonight. Its a well-polished game that I can waste a few minutes here and there. Its not a game I'll spend 20 minutes at a time playing. I'm sure I'll get my 99 worth playing. I also bought there Eye vs. Eye game. I enjoy that one more.