★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Free for limited time! Thanks for supporting us!

Mad Maks is a fun 3D arcade shooting game. As the pilot of your battle vehicle, your need to defend your units and dodge waves of enemy attack in order to deliver your forces to victory!

There are 10 exciting stages with 3 modes of difficulty. You must complete one stage to in order to unlock the next. Once all 10 stages are completed, you can test your skills in Hard mode. Your performance in each stage will decide the number of Bonus Stars awarded which will unlock the Challenge games. Play the Challenge games to hone in your shooting and dodging abilities.

An online multiplayer version and new stages will be available in the future so stay tuned!

Unique features of the game:
Fast and furious game play
10 exciting battle stages, with 3 different difficulty modes
Rich 3D battle terrain and special effects
Pilot different battle vehicles against varying enemy units
5 Challenge Games

Please do leave us feedbacks and comments so that we can make better games for you!
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Woooo! Just saw this on App Shopper -- those sceeens look reeeaaally nice!

Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?

05-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Game Impressions

Battle tanks anyone? In many ways, the entire MadMaks experience reminds me of a classic n64 game. Back in those days, developers did't have flashy graphics, so a true test of quality was based on the feel and controls of a game. "Gameplay first" could have been the motto behind some of the best games ever made. Goldeneye, Halo, Starcraft. I'm just guessing, but i think the devs of MadMaks had a whitboard in their offices with a similar saying, because this game controlls really well. Don't assume that because the focus was on gameplay that the rest of production slouched off, I just feel that the people behind the game were more interested in making something fun, rather than trying to copy the graphics of current console games like GameL...Cough..t, has. I was hesitant to even try MM, i assumed from the screenshots that the low res, hand drawn textures represented a lower quality product. I was simply wrong. The textures are less flashy than some, but this alows for wide open levels with many enemies, and gameplay that is smooth as silk. The hand drawn look actually meshes nicely with the vibe of the game; The whole thing has a kind of advanced wars vibe with well drawn cartoon talking heads giving mission objectives and mid mission chatter. The rest of the game has nice production values too, with cool clean menus and tons of score tracking. But all of the graphics only service the great fun I've had blasting through each mission with varying vehicles and weapons.
The basic setup for each mission starts by choosing a vehicle and a difficulty level. From there the general will give you your current objective and any relavent story info during the mission. This means you don't have to wait around doing nothing while he is talking. The combat is slightly different depending on which vehicle you use, but there are general similarities so far. You control forward and backwards with the well sized dpad, and tilt to aim your weapon. A fire button on the right sits below the weapon switch, and this all feels very comfortable and intuitive. There are also dodge left and dodge right arrows in the center of the screen, this addition speaks to the action-fun oriented nature of the game. Either riding in a tank or copter, (the only 2 i've tried), the funnest aspect I've experienced is the lob cannon. Based on how long you hold the fire button, the lob will be far or short, landing with a cool looking explosion that messes people up! This weapon adds a tactical/skill based gameplay feature that reminds me of space hogs in a way. Depending on how well you played a level, new challenge levels open up, adding to the already rich experience. Honestly, I only wanted to post a quick "I liked it" before i went to bed, because I almost passed it by completely and was caught off guard by the....fun..ness of it, so i'm gonna stop now, and just say if you like 3rd person shooters, this is worth 2 bucks.

Last edited by Darkstar21; 05-08-2010 at 04:48 AM.
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Anyone else tried this?
05-17-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I would like to know if anyone else enjoyed this game? It has a shockingly low profile.
09-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Mad Maks is now Free!

Mad Maks is now free!

11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Free again