★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !! It's Father's Day !!
From now until the 29th June we lowered the price for Roswell Fighter!
Get the Award winning, amazing looking game now!

This is the amazing arcade shooter every one is waiting for! Gorgeous HD pixel art with addictive gameplay - GET IT NOW!

Roswell Fighter is the ultimate classic arcade style shooter with improved and fresh game-play.

Tons of aliens wait for you! And don't forget Mother Earth is in danger so be fast and blow up everything in this beautiful mixed 2D/3D environment. Roswell Fighter will charm you with its great 50s style art and music!

The game-play starts classic but will get more and more challenging over time while you face totally new and innovative game features. Mini-games and huge bosses will force your adrenalin to the limit.

* classic shootem up with tons of new game-play elements,
* amazing retro style (you will love the 50s style art),
* breathtaking 2D and 3D graphics,
* tons of upgrades, special weapons and bombs,
* 3 difficulty modes,
* 2 control types (Accelerometer and Touch controls)
* 11 huge levels + 1 bonus level
* great 50s soundtrack
* over 40 different enemies with individual move patterns to fight!
* 7 huge bosses
* interactive environment
* mini-games
* Online Highscores (OpenFeint)

Nodpad.com: "Roswell Fighter really shines is in its presentation and game play."
nodpad.com : "The creators obviously understand that the best way to avoid monotony is simply not to be monotonous."
ThePortableGamer.com: " Good classic fun for the iPhoneGuns, bi-planes, falling meteors, and alien ships whats not to like!?!
Touchreviews.net: "Adrenalin pumping fun."
AppSpy.com: If you grew up spending hard earned dollars on arcade games like Galaga, then youll want to give Roswell Fighter a look at.
AppSafari.com Easy to learn but difficult to master.

Follow us:

Email us feedback and support:

SirSim's comments:

and some developer screenies:

05-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Glad it is out, will pick it up today.

05-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Didn't actually notice its out right now you guys are faster then us!

anyway happy to see this out right now! It was a lot of work for us to make this game as good as we could! Hope you appreciate the love we put in this one! - Aaa and remember guys, we always want to hear how you liked the game

05-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to k1ite
Playing the game for a few minutes, I just wish that sensitivity was just a bit higher for the touch controls. The plane kinda takes some time to move around like it trails behind you. But if there is a powerup to speed the plane then the first part is excusable (I need to try out tilt controls to see if it fairs better). Amazing graphics however and I will finish this game regardless.
05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Initial (too early) impressions: me likey

-good levels
-touch control
-"tap" sections (ala "quick-time events") work well

-woman on the loading screen ("censored"... really?)
-voice a bit much (turned off)
-music doesn't really fit (turned off, but it starts up after the loading screen anyway)
-not crazy about the tilt control, at least on an iPad
-is there no "firing" sound FX? With music turned off, I feel like I'm missing the sound of the shots firing.

Overall though, a really good game and well worth $2!
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah

Great game, but I think the girl may be into me... Sorry guys, y'all shoulda bought it quicker!
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Looks awesome. Reminds me of Sky Force. Are you giving out any promos codes if we review it?
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Bought the game, intro settings all look the same as iPhone version (also bought iPhone version, great game...VERY EXCITED to get iPad version). Options screen slides from the right as if it is a continuation of splash screen, beautiful artwork. Would really like to try the game but directly after selecting difficulty and level and the "loading" screen, the game crashes and sends me to "desktop". Will try some more, but at the moment waste of two bucks!

Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I deleted the iPhone version thinking that it might have been messing with the Ipad version (I think I just threw that buck down the drain as well). Anyone else having the crash issue?

Is there a way to delete it then reinstall it without getting charged for it again?

Last edited by Epapa; 05-09-2010 at 09:08 AM.
05-09-2010, 02:04 AM
So I had more time to play this finally (not throw yet!)
My impressions so far:
-obvious much better graphics - not only scaled up but in some cases redrawn (fE the ships, some backgrounds...)
-much better controls than on the iPhone version
-some new effects
-better sound samples (the explodes sounds now great!)
-slightly gameplay improvements (the first thing was the wing man - they fly now much longer with you then they did on the iPhone) etc
-finally a "help" screen - the odl tutorial was way "too long"
-some levels are much longer then the original one
-this game includes Episode 1 - Episode 3 content!! So the 2 extra levels are included and looks amazing!
>so you fight on earth, in space and on an alien planet! Love the variance!

this is all so far if I find more - I will post it!

many games
Waiting for:
05-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Epapa View Post
Any suggestions on how to get it to work? I deleted the iPhone version thinking that it might have been messing with the Ipad version (I think I just threw that buck down the drain as well). Anyone else having the crash issue?
This is a common problem with memory-hungry games. Turn your iPad fully off (hold down sleep/power until you get the slider, then slide) and back on (hold down sleep/power). Then try the game again.

It happens because certain apps (mail and safari notably) continue to run in the background and take up more memory over time. Games tend to have high memory requirements, and often crash when they run out. Rebooting resets the memory.