★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: To celebrate the release of Verto Studio, all of my iPhone games are now permanently free!!!

Tube Tennis takes a new spin on pong-style gameplay. Kill some time with a unique approach to a classic arcade game that will leave you dizzy. Try it out and you'll surely be entertained.

Features:
*Multiple graphical themes
*Groovy tennis sound effects
*Three difficulty levels with an unlockable fourth
*360 degrees of fluid motion
*Plays alongside ipod music

mlfarrell's comments:
Update: Tube tennis just broke into the top 100 free board games category

Time killer app I wrote over a weekend that turned out to be pretty fun.

Check it out

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I made this game free for just this week! Its a fun little game, so grab it while you can.

07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I'll try it out, thanks.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Healy
Looks pretty good for 3 days!

spriter
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
Looks pretty good for 3 days!
Thanks. Tube tennis was my attempt to see the fastest I could put together an iphone game that I still wanted to put my name on. It actually really surprised me by debuting in the top 97 in board games when it came out, then fell off the charts and into oblivion. So I figured I'd try one last effort to get people interested in it.

If you check out my most viewed youtube videos on the same channel, I have one where I put together a 2D game on the fly in about 20 minutes. Video game programming improv if you will.
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I must say, both control methods are really spot-on. Good job with this one.
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
If you want, I can whoop up a simple score, to play in the background

spriter
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
If you want, I can whoop up a simple score, to play in the background
I certainly appreciate the offer. I've tried these things in the past with others and when money's involved, things get a little touchy on how to share the proceeds. Plus this game hasn't made all that much money as of now, so I'd feel bad taking your time on it. Lastly, it supports background music from ipod or pandora, so I figured the user would run it against their own tracks.

As an amateur guitarist, i've added a few tracks to some of my own games, but I was never able to settle on anything I like lol.
07-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I do it for free, as long as I get credits. I'm not talking big big stuff, just a simple loop.

spriter
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM