★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Armada: Galactic War-strategies

05-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Armada: Galactic War-strategies

Well if you haven't noticed by my recent posting, i'm obsessed with this new RTS that hit the US store last night.
It's def the best online rts experience i've had since it combines the idevices pick up and play nature with heavy strategy allowing for intense games that average 10 minutes.

So here's a place where anyone can contribute, and hopefully will, to strategies for this game. From effective rushing tactics, to eco raping tactics, to simply micromanaging troops, please offer some cool things you've figured out about the game.

You can also arrange private matches and such here since the main thread shouldn't really be a place for that.

Also look for my lenghthy upcoming review on TA xD.
Haven't liked a game this much since...uh..Heheh.

Twitter: @back2this
05-08-2010, 03:55 PM
here is my strategy for starting out in the first three minutes:

i haven't played the actual game yet but i played the latest beta version (prior to release, obviously) a week ago. what works well for me is to stay at your home base and load up on little cheap mechs (like 20-30). once you get 9 mechs on that crystal, send your mother ship and the rest of the mechs to claim the next crystal (it may help to determine where your enemy is coming from so if they decide to attack your starting point, at least your main force will be in their way). as you are claiming the next crystal, start loading up on the heavy mechs.

I suggest this tactic when claiming crystals early in the battle and for building up your army (before you get to the tanks and ships).

05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Hmmm I don't know about that one since one resource patch isn't enough, even in the first 3 mins, and the effort to successfully get 9 mechs on a patch is way too much, so I neve have more than 6 on one.

And the massing of mechs is never a good idea, I get my first level 3 tank at 2 mins into the game, and one lvl 3 tank and 3 mechs can wipe out 10 mechs no problem.

05-08-2010, 04:08 PM
ill give your suggestion a shot when i buy the game after exams (i fear if i buy it now, i wont' get any studying done).
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah I'm in the middle of AP's and finals will be soon..and I just bought 40 dollars of games from giftcards, along with this..

05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
man ap tests are somewhat hard, got one more to go
well don't just rely on one type of mech, if you do you'll lose
leave a few mechs to harvest at the starting point and go find another source to harvest from for if you don't you have be surprised when the other player has a huge army
don't bring your mothership into battle unless needed

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah def get a bunch of mines, spread your guys around different mines.
I think the mothership belongs in combat, especially at the beginning. The mothership alone with 2 lvl 3 tanks can take out an unimaginable number of lvl 1 mechs.

05-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Very good idea would be to upgrade your lvl 1 mechs with the credit you get xD.
Mine have atk + 50, def + 50, and hp + 100%.
=4500 credits

05-08-2010, 06:36 PM
hmm i think i should note you can only have one of each item equipped, like you can't have two lvl 1 mech atk +50% on at the same time
also the items can be equipped on other armadas(alien, cyborg, human) even when already equipped on others

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
05-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the tip! I was just about to try stacking.