★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why does "Coins!" not have much attention?

05-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Why does "Coins!" not have much attention?

I bought Coins! a month or two ago, and I thought it was probably the best game I had played that had the Peggle game mechanics. In fact, I think I like it more than Peggle, especially with some of the stuff you can unlock in the shop.

This game is so good that I don't understand why it is not that popular at all. It has a great art style, some catchy music, some really interesting and great levels, and then the Shop at the end adds so much value to the game.

I think more people need to get this game. It really is fantastic, and you will get a ton of play time out it. It's disheartening to see it not getting much attention at all It has been out since April of last year and it only has 33 total ratings on the App Store.

If you enjoy Peggle, you seriously need to consider picking this one up.

I can't believe it hasn't gotten more attention.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Couldn't see the images here or in AppShopper, but I found a trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks awesome, and I love Peggle. I guess it doesn't have much attention 'cause it wasn't advertised enough.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

05-08-2010, 06:03 PM
i love this game as well. I hope the dev does follow through with those updates: a level editor would kick ass. A lot of great games are underrated, especially indie gems like this. I hope that apple finds a way to advertise more games like these to more people.

Currently Playing: Hybrid (The first one), Block Fortress
Waiting For: MC5
Hoping For: RCT!!!!!
05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Wait, there's a SHOP? Why wasn't I informed of this?!

OpenFeint/Plus+/Crystal/GameloftLive:- OctopodSquad

Add me if you want!
Do it.
05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, there is a shop AFTER you buy (and therefore unlock) ALL levels!

There are some pretty neat items there, but I do not want to spoil anything
05-08-2010, 07:02 PM
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Looks awesome, and I love Peggle. I guess it doesn't have much attention 'cause it wasn't advertised enough.
This. Don't underestimate the importance of good marketing, it's something you need to start thinking about at latest when your game enters beta.
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
This does look kinda good, probably gonna try it out. I love Peggle, one of the best iphone games still. I bet Coins was released at the same exact time as a couple of other big games that everyone was paying attention to, causing it to be overlooked.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.