★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rounders

02-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Rounders

Has anyone tried Rounders?
I love THE, and this seems like a storyline adventure game based on it.
The screenshots look decent but I'm pissed off they haven't included any screens of actual THE play, or am I missing something here?

It's pretty expensive as well.
02-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Well I'm a big fan of the film so I caved in a paid my £5.99. Will post my thoughts soon

02-19-2009, 04:23 AM
This is one of my favorite movies, up there with Léon, La Femme Nakita and Domino.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-19-2009, 05:22 AM
It's a hard game to like.

Feels like a J2ME cellphone game port, no iPhone swipes and theres a Crystal Defender's style dpad for interacting with the menu.

The art is reasonably nice, seems polished to some extent, but animation quality and general feel seems like it comes straight out of the 90s point and click adventure games. And not in a good way.

Sound and music, what's there (and there is hardly any) is very low quality, might as well have been coming out of a PC beeper.

Basically it follows the storyline, you start off with no money and slowly work your way up, playing in the different locations from the film.

To the actual poker, it seems like a poor-mans version of Apple's Texas Holdem game. Jerky animations. You can't see a table overview, its all first person.

It's boring.

It's expensive.

I'm very disappointed.

Took OFTT
02-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Rounders

I have played this game yesterday story mode is amazing. Well everyone should buy this game.

admin edit: this appears to be the developer shilling his own game
02-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
I have played this game yesterday story mode is amazing. Well everyone should buy this game.
No offense to you pokerfan, but i think i believe Phi6 on that one. I thought it would be pretty nice, guess not...Thanks for toffting Phi.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Guys you download the game and play then only you will undestand. Rounders is definately a good game. Story line is simply amazing.

admin edit: this appears to be the developer shilling his own game

Last edited by pokerfan; 02-20-2009 at 07:50 AM.
02-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
Guys you download the game and play then only you will undestand. Rounders is definately a good game. Story line is simply amazing.
Did you make this game, "poker fan" 2 post member?

I think theres a reason why the developer failed to include actual poker gameplay in the screenshots.
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Damn it! Not another THE game! When will someone release a real poker app?

Anyways pocketgamer has a review of the cellphone version on their site:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/review.asp?c=5934&sec=0
02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Damn it! Not another THE game! When will someone release a real poker app?

Anyways pocketgamer has a review of the cellphone version on their site:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/review.asp?c=5934&sec=0
Yes it was probably a decent cellphone game for its time.
But standards have been upped and a direct port is simply not good enough. Compared to Apple's Texas Holdem this holds no cards.

It is also now been dropped to £2.99. The developer obviously got brought back down to Earth. Even at £2.99, it's not good enough.

Last edited by Phi6; 02-20-2009 at 09:18 AM.