★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Egg Ball
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.5 MB
  • Version: 2.3.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: A poetic universe:

Join Woolly, a lovely grandma, in her sewing shop. Fascinated in this domain, she realizes a multitude of different creations to answer commands. Help her to sort them in order to forward them as soon as possible. The original universe of her workshop takes you in a cute and charming environment.

A captivating puzzle game:

In a limited time, you must associate the creations of Woolly per set of 3, by swapping them. Accumulate combos and multiply your points to fulfill your goals and level up. The levels are punctuated by the variety of different creations and presence of special mechanisms.

Unlock new skins:

Customize the game through skins you unlock when your score reaches a new frontier, or when you achieve secret objectives. Regular updates will be available to download on the AppStore to make your Skin list grow.

Gabrien's comments:
Match 3 game with top notch polish and presentation:

Youtube link | Pop Up
05-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Interesting. My knowledge of French is from a long time ago so I only picked up some of the video. Does it say the significance of the bottom section with the sheep running into the house? Does that depend on matches in any way? Seems cool though with power ups and all.

05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Actually, it's my bad, there were versions of the video in English on YouTube, but I picked one randomly assuming they were the same. Also, the app description (in the Aus store) is in French but the game is fully in English.

In any case, I'm very impressed so far; the level of polish is apparent from even the main menu, the graphics have a very distinct style and the music and sound fit perfectly. Gameplay is fairly standard Match 3, but if you have even a passing interest in the genre you need to check this out. It's one of those games that just feel right, and it's a joy to play.
05-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I understood almost all of the video and I don't even know French. I wonder if the buttons in the game are going to be in French or English since it's English in the video but French in the screenshots. I'm guessing English. Looks interesting though with the button combos.
05-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah picked this up yesterday and everything is in english the game is pretty much bog standard match 3 game with nothing new or outstanding but what it does have nice graphics and sound and overall a very nice polished feel to it well worth a purchace

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 05-09-2010 at 09:01 AM.
05-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Downloading it now!
A good, honest match 3 game is always a good thing!
05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Actually, it's my bad, there were versions of the video in English on YouTube, but I picked one randomly assuming they were the same. Also, the app description (in the Aus store) is in French but the game is fully in English.

In any case, I'm very impressed so far; the level of polish is apparent from even the main menu, the graphics have a very distinct style and the music and sound fit perfectly. Gameplay is fairly standard Match 3, but if you have even a passing interest in the genre you need to check this out. It's one of those games that just feel right, and it's a joy to play.
How does it compare to Puzzlings?
05-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
How does it compare to Puzzlings?
To be honest, it's been a long time since I played Puzzlings and don't recall the actual gameplay too well. This game of course doesn't have the whole dressing up/side story aspect to it.

Really, it's just a very bare-boned Match 3 in terms of gameplay. There's only one game mode: complete a "quota" of matches within a time limit to gain a level, then repeat. It gets rather difficult by level 4 as well. I would not recommend it if you are looking for a "deep" Match 3 such as Montezuma. It's much more of a pick up and play, quick game experience. I do wish there was another mode at least, something along the lines of "endless" or just a bit more relaxed without the darn timer on your ass the whole time, but what there is here is flawless in terms of execution.
05-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
To be honest, it's been a long time since I played Puzzlings and don't recall the actual gameplay too well. This game of course doesn't have the whole dressing up/side story aspect to it.

Really, it's just a very bare-boned Match 3 in terms of gameplay. There's only one game mode: complete a "quota" of matches within a time limit to gain a level, then repeat. It gets rather difficult by level 4 as well. I would not recommend it if you are looking for a "deep" Match 3 such as Montezuma. It's much more of a pick up and play, quick game experience. I do wish there was another mode at least, something along the lines of "endless" or just a bit more relaxed without the darn timer on your ass the whole time, but what there is here is flawless in terms of execution.
What kind of power-ups can one find?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
What kind of power-ups can one find?
The only one I've seen so far is a button which appears in place of one of the tiles which when pressed blows up some of the tiles on the board. No idea if there are any others. I've not been able to get past the 4th level thus far and there is no mention of anything except the absolute core basics in the instructions.