Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 AM

This game has quickly become one of my favorites. It reminds me a little of Iqari Warriors II ("C'MON LET'S FIGHT!" - anyone remember that?)
Old 02-20-2009, 08:57 AM

wow this game is fantastic, i just wished theres a co-op mode, would be excellent!

not sure if it's said here yet, but to kill the "shadow king", two shots from the bow kills him.

to the devs : please make weapons toggle by tap, currently the swipe to change weapon is costing my health.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Hey, what's the name of the rock track that plays during the game? My friend heard it in the game and was looking for it in the iTunes music store.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Yeah, I suggest that I can pause and change weapons. That would be great.
Agree. Right now it's very difficult to cycle through all the weapons especially when you need the crossbow.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

My quick thoughts on the game--

I think the game is beautiful, has a lot of potential for low impact improvements to gameplay (I'm not suggesting multiplayer or adding huge, new features), but in its current state wears thin too quickly.

Fun but monotonous- One reviewer in the AppStore mentioned the concept of waves, which I like. I understand that this is a game of endurance and attrition, not an ARPG like Diablo, but that doesn't mean that you can't give players a better sense of accomplishment. The enemies can be endless but I would honestly like a breather every now and again to collect my thoughts and get prepared. Even the earliest arcade games provided a break in the action, it actually helps maintain tension over the long haul and the reward of surviving a wave keeps players interested. Also, rather than sending a random variety of ever-harder creatures after the player, why not focus some waves on particular creatures and/or spawn points. Example-- a wave in which a finite group of werewolves immediately circle the player and close in.

Not enough fanfare- This is a second reason why I find the game so monotonous in its current incarnation. There's little fanfare, no "ding" moment when you've unlocked a new perk or anything else in the game. I'd like to see far more visual rewards doled out to keep me interested. Take some cues from Smash TV and some of the other games that inspired iDrac. Give me a nice big "BRUTAL!!" in bloody letters for, say killing a large number of creatures with one grenade. Reinforce that the player is a badass whenever possible.

Drop frequency and variety is too random- This seems like an easy fix, perhaps just a tweak to percentages or some investigation into a "smarter" drop system. I'll play some games without seeing a new weapon or ammo for minutes, whereas in others I might get several in quick succession early in the game. Personally, I feel that the playing field should be somewhat level each time I start a new game, but currently I feel that overall success has less to do with skill and more with a fickle drop system. I'm not suggesting that it not be random, just that the extreme ranges of drop possibilities are balanced a bit.

Finally, I have one last comment without any real expectation for change. Like others have said, the animation system you've settled on is awkward for a human character. The torso/legs split is efficient but better suited to a Mech game visually. I think players forgave similar systems in old arcade games like Frontline and Ikari Warriors because the graphics were considerably more primitive but the art in iDrac is so detailed that the "Exorcist rotation" sticks out like a sore thumb. There isn't really a solution outside of abandoning that system and generating an exponentially higher number of walking loops for the character, so I've written it off as a necessary evil.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Perk Idea...Im pretty sure it was mentioned before but Im not sure.

Infinite Ammo
Holy Repel (obviously you repel the creatures for a certain amount of time)
Black Widows Venom (something along the lines that when touched, creature is poisoned until death)
Seeing Double (A repetition of the character the fires in the opposite direction)
Devils Horns (Permits you to bash through monsters without losing health)

And well dont know if I can come up with any others
Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM

can we have some zombies included in the next update?!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM

If they could make this combine with Rogue, we'll be close to having Diablo on our iPhones!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Default dev's voice

don't have much time, but wanted to say that a new game mode is amazing - I just love it . As I see in the recent messages, someone suggested it - it's Wave Attack, where monsters attack wave by wave, with a chance to give you a rest between. I've also made a different Perk system for this mode.
Ah, and there will be another mode, which is not done yet, but should be fun, too. I won't reveal details on this one. Let it be surprise .
PS: Don't ask me when it's live. Several days and it will be submitted .
Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguard View Post
don't have much time, but wanted to say that a new game mode is amazing - I just love it . As I see in the recent messages, someone suggested it - it's Wave Attack, where monsters attack wave by wave, with a chance to give you a rest between. I've also made a different Perk system for this mode.
Ah, and there will be another mode, which is not done yet, but should be fun, too. I won't reveal details on this one. Let it be surprise .
PS: Don't ask me when it's live. Several days and it will be submitted .
Awesome. Thanks for the great game, your activity on this forum, and your dedication to making updates!

Closed Thread