★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Payback is now $4.99

02-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Payback is now $4.99

Payback has just dropped in price to $4.99
http://appshopper.com/link/payback-2
02-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
Payback has just dropped in price to $4.99
http://appshopper.com/link/payback-2
I have found the game to be well worth the $8 hopefully alot more people will get to play at $5 and Apex can get back in the top 50 where this game belongs.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm still waiting for an update before I bother playing it more. What annoys me most is the feeling that it was rushed, which I get because of the inconsistent level of quality. The main voice over sounds good, but the main character sounds like he has a dustbin on his head. Many of the other voices sound poor quality too. And a good number of the texures are terrible, whereas some of them are very good. I'd also like to see a few tweaks, like garages being much more visible, lamp posts falling (unrealisitic maybe, but they are soo bloody difficult to see) and the like.
Although it's not for me to tell the developer how he should have made his game, I would also have preferred one map with a lot more detail than the spew of maps that don't feel very 'alive'.

Anyway, it's obviously a very high standard game for the app store, and I'm not trying to put people off totally, but I would prefer a game that felt finished, rather than another game that obviously needs an update.
02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
I forget where I saw it, but James is quoted somewhere very recently as saying "an update is coming really soon."

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I forget where I saw it, but James is quoted somewhere very recently as saying "an update is coming really soon."
you are right rich. Its in the appstore description. The new camera angle sounds promising.

"v1.1 should be available by the end of the month. Improvements will include:

+ Much improved minimap
+ Easy way to restart missions
+ Built-in instructions
+ Optional new camera angle
+ Support for different device orientations for more comfortable use on the iPod Touch
+ Bug fixes
+ Lots of other tweaks "
02-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm hesitating, even at 4.99$, since ZenBound is coming soon. I might just wait until CJS to compare, even if the price drop is tempting...
02-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skathir View Post
you are right rich. Its in the appstore description. The new camera angle sounds promising.

"v1.1 should be available by the end of the month. Improvements will include:

+ Much improved minimap
+ Easy way to restart missions
+ Built-in instructions
+ Optional new camera angle
+ Support for different device orientations for more comfortable use on the iPod Touch
+ Bug fixes
+ Lots of other tweaks "
This sounds particularly good, I'm glad Apex are updating this as direct ports of old games (and this is old) always run the risk of no updates... legacy code and stuff.
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Sweet, this is worth it at this price right? Im trying to decide between this and Zombieville USA.
02-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan12103 View Post
Sweet, this is worth it at this price right? Im trying to decide between this and Zombieville USA.
It's very dependant of the style of game you like. IMO this is going to offer you alot more variety.

02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
It's very dependant of the style of game you like. IMO this is going to offer you alot more variety.
They both seem to offer explosions and stuff, but I want something that has tons of replay value.