★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch - Officially Available Now :)

02-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Rogue Touch - Officially Available Now :)

Rogue Touch is finally available for download! And there was much rejoicing!

In case you missed the preview or other active thread here Rogue Touch is a remake of the original Rogue written from scratch to support the iPhone's touch and graphic abilities, it should keep anyone who likes dungeon crawlers going for many hours! Can you make it through 26 floors of randomly generated dungeon to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor and then climb back to the surface?

If you're on the fence, please ask questions here and we'll try to help explain the game. You can compare the gameplay to some more modern games like Shiren the Wanderer or Izuna, as they owe their existence to the original roguelike (and we do too).

I just wanted to thank everyone's responses here in the touchArcade forums and elsewhere over the course of the last few months. We really appreciate it!

(Arn, if you want to merge the existing thread into this one it might help clean things up )
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Couldn't pass this one up
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey CD...not sure if I am just doing it wrong, but you can't double tap in a direction or something to move forward multiple spaces at a time?
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
downloading now ..

My Mafia Live Code: 163 810 991
Let's kill them all !!!
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
Hey CD...not sure if I am just doing it wrong, but you can't double tap in a direction or something to move forward multiple spaces at a time?
Actually there's a post about that in the other thread right now (hopefully we can get them merged).

Anyway, presently you need to hold down for continuous motion (or tap very fast ). We're considering using a swipe-gesture method for initiating a continuous move in one direction until you encounter a wall or something of interest. How does that sound? If there's enough agreement in the forums we'll put that in for our first update!

Edit- seems like several people in the other thread would prefer double tapping to swipes for high speed transit! Opinions welcome....

Last edited by CommanderData; 02-19-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Double tap nod...
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds good