★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FREE tomorrow (starts tonight) ONLY - XMB Xtreme Mountain Busing!

05-10-2010, 06:50 PM
FREE tomorrow (starts tonight) ONLY - XMB Xtreme Mountain Busing!

XMB Xtreme Mountain busing! in collaboration with FreeAppADay.com will be FREE tuesday and tuesday only!

enjoy!
05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
price change just went live. it is now free!
05-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Any impressions of this game ?
05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I could really use some good reviews from the great people at Touch Arcade!

Thanks!
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Based on the screenshots, it looks like this should have the alternate name XTREME MOUNTAIN EMBOSSING.

Might be worth checking out for free though. It's just absurd enough to ping my odd-o-meter.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Game Impressions

Yes it's absurd and crazy but fun. I like it—played some levels and will pick up that extreme school bus again for sure. Thanks!

Very special and unique controls. You have four virtual buttons to power the rear and/or front hydraulic (use them frequently sometimes), go ahead and stop (=hit bullies when they pass the stop sign on the bus). I mostly use front hydraulic and go ahead except when I drive over series of huge round stone orbs—then I need both hydraulics. It has a bit of a learning curve, but I am ready for it when the funny gameplay remunerates the efforts what it obviously does. You play against the time and don't let the bus overturn. A little skillness and physics game.

You can switch the ever repeating eight beats of rock guitar music off and play your iPod, the few other sounds are repetitive too. Rather long loading times between levels and I wish there would be some more frames per second on my iPhone 3G. Very good balanced difficulty through the levels. Precise controls. I needed some time to find out that you have to tap on the pictures (far right) at the options screen for level/scene select.

Recommended. 3,5 stars out of 5.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 05-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.