★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Freeappaday.com Changes?

05-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Freeappaday.com Changes?

I follow the freeappaday twitter account as they accationally have giveaways and they've been hyping some "big changes" all day. Here are some of their recent tweets:

"I hope you are ready for some Insanity...Because we are going to start with a Bang!"

"AppInsanity Month Starts Tomorrow With Insanely Cool Apps for an Entire Month!A Game Changer!Doubt @FreeAppADay To Your Own Peril! RT That!"

Does anybody think we'll actually see something cool from FAAD or will it be pretty much the same? I know I typically find a game every week or two with their promotions that is pretty good, but otherwise, I usually don't bother downloading their promoted games. I'm wondering if maybe they have something up their sleeve that is cool or if it's just marketing hype that will amount to nothing.

Thoughts?

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know. They gave hints to a few of the really good games like the creeps, but I don't know.

05-11-2010, 05:50 PM
maybe they have to step it up because of gameloft's current promotion.
05-11-2010, 05:50 PM
yup could be anything they have delivered before though recently openfeint was on a roll last couple weeks

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug
05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
in their latest email one can read this (emphasis added)

Quote:
GoodFreeAppAday,

Today's App is a hmmmm how should I put it, it's a pretty quirky app, some will love it and others might not like it as much. It's just one of these app that you either like a lot or not that much so there you have it XMB-XTREME MOUNTAIN BUSING! is Today's free app! By the way I am playing around with the upcoming FAAD App and it's awesome!!!

Your " Ready To Enjoy the Soon To Come App-Insanity Month" Free App Delivery Service at www.FreeAppADay.com where your app wishes come true!
So I am excited... I download most of the games as soon they appear (which is right after 9 oClock in Germany ). But most of the games dont have a long stay on my device. lets wait for tomorrow... what else
05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Without a doubt Open Feint's free game promotions are the best overall in quality. The other sites have had some gems, like Sword of Fargoal on freeappcalendar, but typically the apps pretty hit and miss.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david View Post
in their latest email one can read this (emphasis added)

So I am excited... I download most of the games as soon they appear (which is right after 9 oClock in Germany ). But most of the games dont have a long stay on my device. lets wait for tomorrow... what else
Maybe the FAAD app hits the store tomorrow?

05-11-2010, 05:59 PM
for real... FAAD has to do something to stay topnotch. as you said: openfeints promotion is since 5-10 days much greater in quality and titles than FAAD was.
05-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah true. But FAAD got the tower defense and creeps.
05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfires View Post
Yeah true. But FAAD got the tower defense and creeps.
and chop chop