★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ##Featured in "hot new games" in 66 countries##
iPad version of SteamBalls was in top 10 of paid games in USA!
Steamballs is a new star of Match-3 action puzzle genre.

Reviews:

"SteamBalls is a top of the line match three game that provides enough innovation to provide brand new challenge for the somewhat stale genre. The game is nicely designed giving you great visuals and a great soundtrack" - appadvice.com

"If youve been looking for a quality Match-3 and youre up for the challenge, Id recommend checking out Steamballs. It looks great, it sounds great, it plays great and its got Open Feint. Its such a polished, unique, feature filled game its tough to pass this one up." - AppVersity.com

"I really can't say enough good things about the look and feel of the game, which is presented in the steampunk style." - Gamezebo.com

"Complex, nuanced and more about long term strategy than the short term gain, Steamballs is a fun steampunk puzzler thats worth a look." - gamesuncovered.com

"Steamballs is the essence of match-3, polished to the extent of becoming an art with deep and varied gameplay. While the basic mechanics makes for an easy-to-pick-up gaming experience, the added features really make it a hard-to-master puzzler". - touchmyapps.com

Youll find extremely polished graphics and unique gameplay in the all new game from Digital Worlds!

The goal of the game is simple - to earn as many points as possible and take the first place on the worlds scoreboard by collecting three or more balls of the same color in a horizontal line.

But it is not that simple as it looks! The balls now have weight! We now have real scales on our userface instead of a flat surface! The weight adds new fantastic conditions to the classic gameplay of Match-3 genre! 12 extra balls with unique qualities dramatically expand tactical ability and play. Besides that, do not forget that 5 balls of the same color, if stacked together will form one heavy ball.

- Excellent 3D graphics and special effects animation
- Unique gameplay
- Multitude of tactical schemes
- Open Feint support-prove everyone you are the best by placing first on the worlds scoreboard
- 12 extra balls with their own unique qualities, animation and special effects
- 14 colors-dare to open them all?
- 30 achievements
- Deep, breathtaking gameplay
- Option to listen to your own music while playing

Also, SteamBalls HD for iPad, improved and extended is out!

Carlos-Sz's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Upcoming topic: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ght=steamballs
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
game has good graphics, but overall story line game thing is a lil boring to me

05-12-2010, 12:23 AM
That green 'buy' button is calling me ever-so loudly...

EDIT: However, perhaps the developer could provide some actual gameplay footage? For example, how the controls work?

Last edited by ataloss; 05-12-2010 at 12:31 AM.
05-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
That green 'buy' button is calling me ever-so loudly...

EDIT: However, perhaps the developer could provide some actual gameplay footage? For example, how the controls work?
I’ve played just one game so far.

Controls work very well (swipe left/right/down).

The game is slow paced (stressless) and it can properly resume.

It has a good amount of power-ups.

It does not have a colorblind mode (note that a blue ball may have any number or weight).

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
05-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Ive played just one game so far.

Controls work very well (swipe left/right/down).

The game is slow paced (stressless) and it can properly resume.

It has a good amount of power-ups.

It does not have a colorblind mode (note that a blue ball may have any number or weight).
Thanks... and a number of modes, or just one? Is this in the same style as games like Drop Sum or Drop 7? Does it continue with just one level or does something increase over time?

...sorry! So many questions!
05-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Thanks... and a number of modes, or just one? Is this in the same style as games like Drop Sum or Drop 7? Does it continue with just one level or does something increase over time?

...sorry! So many questions!
One mode. It’s more a match-3 game (5 or more vertically to just eliminate or 3 or more horizontally to score and eliminate). More colors are added to increase difficulty.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
05-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
One mode. Its more a match-3 game (5 or more vertically to just eliminate or 3 or more horizontally to score and eliminate). More colors are added to increase difficulty.
5 vertically not for eliminate but for collapse to one heave-weight ball. Its the way to earn more points when match 3. Also rhere is time bonus if you score fast (those 4 yellow lamps on top). Im sorry, i cant describe more now, cause im on vacation in cruise and here is no normal internet.
05-12-2010, 05:21 AM
This looks very interesting. Would have been nice to see some gameplay in the trailer however.

Invaders Must Die.
05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
i like the way this one looks, i will have to check it out later when i get home.
05-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking about buying this.