★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Slitherine
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.6 MB
  • Version: 1.00
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: HISTORY Egypt Engineering an Empire allows players to build their own empire from its foundations to the height of its power. Acting as the leader of a territory from the Egyptian Empire, players manage all aspects of its rise, from economic growth to political power, the development of armies, and expansion into other regions by war and diplomacy.

90% on Armchair General "HISTORY Egypt has the basics covered and covered well. It achieves its goal of being a great game for gamers who wish to step into the world of strategy gaming."

9.5/10 - PSP Minis If you like strategy games at all, this is a must buy. Twice Ive played until my PSPs battery ran out

8/10 Pocket Gamer With its expansive empire-building gameplay, intuitive combat and enjoyable multiplayer mode History Egypt: Engineering an Empire packs in more content than most other iPhone titles.

Empires are controlled from three main views: the Campaign Map shows the entire game world, including mountains, forests, coastlines, oceans, rivers, cites, and armies. The City Map gives players an overview of the structure and role of a city within the empire, and provides a basis for economic decisions. The Battle Map is to be used when diplomacy has run its course or when a city is being attacked, resulting in turn-based combat.

All nations, cities and armies were carefully researched to ensure historical accuracy. The game is accessible for new users, while offering deeper gameplay for expert players.

Features
City development with over 50 buildings to construct
Army management with more than 25 unit types to recruit
Each nation has its own unique units and buildings
9 historic campaigns with each with different objectives
Diplomacy, wars, peace and tributes: use your skills to fight your enemies or make other countries your friends
Hotseat multiplayer battles and campaigns

TECH SUPPORT
If you experience any locking up or crashing in the game please reboot your phone before playing. It is because the game pushes your iPhone to the limits. It uses all available memory and some other applications do not free up all the memory as they should, so when the game runs it cannot find enough spare memory. Rebooting your phone should fix any issues.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
HISTORY™ Egypt Engineering an Empire allows players to build their own empire from its foundations to the height of its power. Acting as the leader of a territory from the Egyptian Empire, players manage all aspects of its rise, from economic growth to political power, the development of armies, and expansion into other regions by war and diplomacy.

Empires are controlled from three main views: the Campaign Map shows the entire game world, including mountains, forests, coastlines, oceans, rivers, cites, and armies. The City Map gives players an overview of the structure and role of a city within the empire, and provides a basis for economic decisions. The Battle Map is to be used when diplomacy has run its course or when a city is being attacked, resulting in turn-based combat.

All nations, cities and armies were carefully researched to ensure historical accuracy. The game is accessible for new users, while offering deeper gameplay for expert players.

Features
• City development with over 50 buildings to construct
• Army management with more than 25 unit types to recruit
• Each nation has its own unique units and buildings
• 9 historic campaigns with each with different objectives
• Diplomacy, wars, peace and tributes: use your skills to fight your enemies or make other countries your friends
• Hotseat multiplayer battles and campaigns
05-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Something like AoE, hunh?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys

05-12-2010, 05:47 AM
This looks interesting. Anyone know anything about this game? I love AOE so if this is like that, I'm in.
05-12-2010, 06:27 AM
It is turnbased, so I think it is a mix of Civilization and AOE.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
05-12-2010, 09:01 AM
could be brilliant, could be total crap....hmmmmm anyone want to toftt ?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
05-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
It is turnbased, so I think it is a mix of Civilization and AOE.
Oh yeah.... Turn-based (Love TBS) ... but hexagonal... *yawns, returns to the ipod touch, picks Rogue planet which is right next to uniwar, wonders for a moment on why is uniwar still there, the Rouge planet splash screen appears & engulfs him into the game*

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Is the description literally just "HISTORY"?
05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Somewhat interesting... looks like it has more in common w/ the older Civ games, like CivII. Have to wait for a review tho...

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.
05-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikicobra View Post
Is the description literally just "HISTORY"?
I now kno How ya made a 102 posts... :roll eyes: /sarcasm
Its from the History Channel, U don see ze icon?

I mean... your joke ain't Hilarious

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
A nice review from PG. I'm finding the game quite hard, but that's probably because I'm not a huge strategy gamer. I got it for the Historical relevance.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ew.asp?c=20865

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!