★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Terrorist Zombies HD 1.1 Approved. Now with new controls

04-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Terrorist Zombies HD

Terrorist Zombies HD was just approved. Check it out and let me know what you think. Also the sneak preview below is kind of old, the final version looks much better, and I should have a new trailer up soon(with an iPad too).

http://itunes.apple.com/app/terrorist-zombies-hd/id366428298?mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

Skip to 1:15 for highlights.

12 Weapons(+a laser pointer), 4 powerups(Air Strike, Artillery Strike, Detonate All, Health). Hopefully from the video you can see that there can be an infinite number of zombies on screen at one time, so things can really get crazy. I made sure to include lots of awesome explosions, and plenty of cool weapons too.

The weapons include:
1)M9 Beretta
2)Colt .45
3)Desert Eagle
4)M4
5)M1 Garand
6)Thompson
7)Sawed off Shotgun
8)AK47
9)MG42
10)Grenade Launcher
11)Mini-Gun
12)Laser Chainsaw
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone try this yet? I am really interested in it from the screenshots, but a review would be great before dropping the $5. Just used the last of my iTunes credit or I would toftt... Gonna be a day or so before I can pick up a new card...

04-26-2010, 11:07 PM
I never even played the Zombie mode from WoW, I heard that it was pretty fun but gets old. I never took the time to beat the game. What I did play of the SP wasnt that fun. I will sell World at War if it does. Hopefully terrorist zombies or alien zombies or something.
04-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Well I picked up an iTunes card and went ahead and bought this, but really I have to say I regret it. The controls are terrible. The crosshairs jump all over the place. I'll line up a headshot and keep the thing steady as possible, then once I shoot half the time the crosshairs disappear completely off either the top or bottom of the screen. It just bounces everywhere mostly out of control. I have messed with the sensitivity and calibration till I'm blue in the face and just can't get this to work on a playable level. When the crosshairs do manage to stay where I aim it takes too much ammo to drop the zombie even when lined up right on his face, by the time he does drop I'm surrounded by a swarm of other near invincible zombies. Any zombie coming at the extreme right of the screen is totally invincible as my bullets do nothing to them, the hit detection is off on that extreme right side...Very frustrating experience I wished i never ventured into.
04-27-2010, 02:16 AM
This game even looks like it would be horrible. Thanks for TOFTT though
04-27-2010, 05:43 AM
i always like horror genre in games, thanks for the upload.
04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Well I picked up an iTunes card and went ahead and bought this, but really I have to say I regret it. The controls are terrible. The crosshairs jump all over the place. I'll line up a headshot and keep the thing steady as possible, then once I shoot half the time the crosshairs disappear completely off either the top or bottom of the screen. It just bounces everywhere mostly out of control. I have messed with the sensitivity and calibration till I'm blue in the face and just can't get this to work on a playable level. When the crosshairs do manage to stay where I aim it takes too much ammo to drop the zombie even when lined up right on his face, by the time he does drop I'm surrounded by a swarm of other near invincible zombies. Any zombie coming at the extreme right of the screen is totally invincible as my bullets do nothing to them, the hit detection is off on that extreme right side...Very frustrating experience I wished i never ventured into.
An update is planned to add some auto-aiming functionality, because even though many people like the controls, many also try it once and then say its too difficult. The game was designed to be a skill builder, you aren't supposed to get to really high rounds the very first time you play. The better you get the farther you go. Beta testers were able to get in the mid-30's, my guess is Snoop that you probably never even acquired a rifle and just gave up.

Keep at it, and follow my tips below and I think you will like the game more and more. IT TAKES PRACTICE to get good.

Some tips until the update:

-Very slight movements are required to move the cursor, try to hold the cursor still over the zombie BEFORE pressing shoot(if you are still tilting the cursor when you shoot it will keep moving away from the zombie).

-When you shoot your pistol, wait a second before each shot. If you just keep tapping it your cursor will keep going up because of the kick. Aim, fire, wait till cursor is back on zombie, fire again.

-Don't FORGET grenades and adrenaline. Grenades and Adrenaline are required if you want to make it far, they give you a great advantage.

-Also the way calibrate works is when you press it it makes it so that the angle you are holding the iDevice at will keep the cursor still. So if the guy is aiming in the air and you keep holding the device the same way, the cursor won't move. If you bring the cursor down, and then tilt back to the angle you calibrated it at, you will see it will remain in the same position.

Hope these tips help.
04-27-2010, 04:39 PM
I actually played the game for quite some time before giving up. I did acquire different weapons like the rifle and machine gun and really didn't notice any difference in terms of amount of ammo it took to kill a zombie. Sure the grenades take them down easy enough, but you can't rely on those exclusively.

I read your tips from the iPhone version and here and have been doing what you listed in both threads with no change it the sporadic nature of the cursor. The controls in Doom Ressurection are similar to this and are very smooth in comparison. This game would be great if it had those controls.

Hopefully an update will make things better
04-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
This game even looks like it would be horrible. Thanks for TOFTT though
What's TOFTT?
04-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
What's TOFTT?
take one for the team

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.