★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Supertux - SuperMario-like platformer

05-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Supertux - SuperMario-like platformer

Hi everybody!

We are a few weeks away from releasing a Supertux port for iPhone

The iPhone version will feature 26 levels in the main game as well as 2 bonus worlds with many additional levels...

Here is a peak at our current development build:

Youtube link | Pop Up

<< Check out our AppStore game titles: Tyrian, Super Methane Brothers, Cryptix, Powermanga, Rise Of The Triad >>
05-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Looks pretty cool!

05-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to Firestar
Been there, done that. Our company was building an iPhone version of the latest one. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but after months of our hard work, we found out two things - one, the App Store license prohibits any copy-left licensed products on it - any existing ones are an infringement, and two, SuperTux has recently moved the entire project (including Milestone 1) to GPL3, which certainly cannot go on the App Store. We were in contact with both the SuperTux dev team and through them, the FSF, and the answer is that legally there is no way it can go on the App Store without the developers granting you an exclusive license to do whatever you want with it, which they refuse to do.
05-12-2010, 11:35 PM
This looks great, actually. I think if Gameloft made a Super Mario Bros. clone, this would be it.

I do hope there is a custom music feature, though. I'm not sure I like the techno that plays as the background music in that video.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
05-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
This looks great, actually. I think if Gameloft made a Super Mario Bros. clone, this would be it.

I do hope there is a custom music feature, though. I'm not sure I like the techno that plays as the background music in that video.
the game allows playing iPod music on the background, mixing it with it's FX..

<< Check out our AppStore game titles: Tyrian, Super Methane Brothers, Cryptix, Powermanga, Rise Of The Triad >>
05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar View Post
Been there, done that. Our company was building an iPhone version of the latest one. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but after months of our hard work, we found out two things - one, the App Store license prohibits any copy-left licensed products on it - any existing ones are an infringement, and two, SuperTux has recently moved the entire project (including Milestone 1) to GPL3, which certainly cannot go on the App Store. We were in contact with both the SuperTux dev team and through them, the FSF, and the answer is that legally there is no way it can go on the App Store without the developers granting you an exclusive license to do whatever you want with it, which they refuse to do.
Our version is based on PSP/gp2x version, which still goes under GPL2 (it was never merged and mainteined by the original authors)
Although it's always hard to predict anything with Apple, from our prior experience gpl2 is still a go, as long as you obey it's terms... look at doom, tyrian, ROTT and many others...

Last edited by mobilainteractive; 05-12-2010 at 11:56 PM.
05-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Played this on my Mac about two years ago. Glad there'll be an iPhone port out for it soon.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
i disagree. hate to be the one to have to say this here, but gameloft make pretty bland and uninspired games that feel really lifeless. take castle of magic for example- i payed a mere dollar for it (luckily) and still regretted purchasing it.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
05-13-2010, 05:07 AM
Penguin marioesqueness? Count me in!

Invaders Must Die.
05-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Can i know the official site of game or developer?