★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Straight Aces is not your standard puzzle game.. it's why words like 'addiction' were invented."

We've turned Poker into a quick playing, skill based puzzle game and called it Straight Aces.

Unfamiliar with Poker? No worries.

Inspired by popular match three games such as Bejeweled. Straight Aces is excellent for those who've always wanted to learn to play Poker, or just looking for a fresh new puzzle game to enjoy.

-----

Features:
- A Fresh Experience with an old Classic
- High Quality Graphics and Presentation
- Super Smooth Animations
- 3D Cards and Poker Chips
- Track Your Progress with the Daily Graph
- Learn the Game or Perfect Your Skill
- Music by The Jason Parker Quartet
- Additional Game Modes, including Online Play (Coming Soon)

How to Play:
Select five cards using a 4x4 grid of playing cards. The aim is to make the highest ranked hand possible. Strategy is important as new cards fill where cards were previously chosen. Anticipation is part of the strategy.

A standard session lasts 60 seconds, but is able to be expanded by getting High Ranking Poker Hands.

Instant feedback is provided through Big Money payouts (3D Poker Chips) and time is given to the player to extend their session.

Special Thanks:
The Jason Parker Quartet
http://www.jasonparkermusic.com/
Because there was no better music to fit the mood.

-----

Also Available by Royal Court Games:
== SOLITAIRE STACKER ==
www.royalcourtgames.com

Also by the same Artist/Designer:
Synth Racing and mrWalrus Presents An Impossible Game

If you have any questions or comments please free to message us at royalcourtgames@gmail.com

Version Notes:
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
can't seem to download it yet? It looks great

05-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Version 1.001
----------------------
Title: Straight Aces
Developer: Royal Court Games
Genre: Puzzle/Poker
Release: Available Now
FREE* (link)
$2.99 (link)

*Ad Supported

Feature List:
- Familiar Game, Different Rules
- Challenging Gameplay
- Great for Quick Play Sessions
- Beautiful Graphics
- Easy to Play
- Daily Graph to Track Progress
- Music by the Jason Parker Quartet

Videos:
Gameplay

Youtube link | Pop Up

Menus

Youtube link | Pop Up

Pics:

---

---

---

---

---

(link to more photos)

App Icon 01

---

About:
Straight Aces is poker like you've never played it before. Making special use of the touchscreen, Straight Aces is a fast playing skill based game that pushes your puzzle skills to new heights.

Unfamiliar with poker?

Straight Aces is excellent for those who've always wanted to learn, as the game quickly rewards and reinforces good play with extra time and money.

Rules:
The goal in Straight Aces is to make as much money, in as fast a time possible.

Each game session starts with sixty seconds on the clock. There is no limit to the number of hands the player is able to make, but scoring is all about quality, over quantity.

Based off the standard poker tier system, higher valued hands are worth more money, and also extend the length of the game session. The session ends when the clock reaches zero.

Special Thanks:
The Jason Parker Quartet
http://www.jasonparkermusic.com/
Because there was no better music to fit the mood.

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
-----
If you have any questions or comments please free to message us at royalcourtgames@gmail.com

Also Available by Royal Court Games™:
== SOLITAIRE STACKER™ ==
www.royalcourtgames.com

Last edited by mrWalrus; 05-22-2010 at 10:25 AM.
05-14-2010, 02:24 AM
nope it's all good It was some general iTunes issue on my side, "we won't go there."

Grabbed paid, psyched to have my hands on it
05-14-2010, 02:29 AM
i tried the lite..i think there should be an easy mood were the time is longer than a minute!
but overall great game
05-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
i tried the lite..i think there should be an easy mood were the time is longer than a minute!
but overall great game
Cheers!

For the time being we've released just this, a Speed Run styled gameplay called 'Express Mode', with hopes to go much further.. The globe in the background of the menus is a clue of what's to come. We wanted to mitigate our risk a little to start, in case people didn't like the game.

Of course, the better hands you make, the longer you're able to extend our run. The longest run I've had has gone on for 2:23 seconds.
05-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I've PMed a couple people, but I can't seem to be able to get the title of the thread changed. Is there anyone who can help?

Desired thread title:
Straight Aces (Puzzle Poker) by Royal Court Games + Free
05-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
I've PMed a couple people, but I can't seem to be able to get the title of the thread changed. Is there anyone who can help?

Desired thread title:
Straight Aces (Puzzle Poker) by Royal Court Games + Free
If you click the red triangular exclamation icon in the upper right corner of your first post, you can then send a message that all of the mods will see. You can request a thread title change there.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
If you click the red triangular exclamation icon in the upper right corner of your first post, you can then send a message that all of the mods will see. You can request a thread title change there.
That's for reporting an improper post tho.. I'm not sure they would like that.

We're happy to receive as many gameplay impressions as we can. Feel free to post any additional questions/comments you might have. We're certainly looking to implement all the things we can to make Straight Aces a solid experience.

Also, if anyone remembers the thread in the upcoming section of this board you should know we have a trick or two up our sleeve.
05-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Hello mods!

Is there anyway to get the title of my thread changed?

Desired Title:
Straight Aces (Puzzle Poker) FREE by Royal Court Games

Edit:
Much thanks!

Last edited by mrWalrus; 05-15-2010 at 10:39 AM.