What the heck is this? I just got a notification to download it, when I launched We Rule. I can't tell what is different about it from the description and it appears to have reviews for the existing We Rule.
1) It will place a 2nd We Rule icon app on your iphone. It will have a little red banner on it.
2) This icon will connect to your same kingdom as before.
3) Every time you launch We Rule Red, it will ask you if you want to download "We Rule Red" (again). That is stupid of course and you will not be able to download it again for more mojo.
4) The only difference I have noticed so far is that it does seem to load faster. What i notice specifically is the 'Welcome back player" banner that drops down when loading drops down sooner than before and the game loads faster overall.
5) The "News" tab still is chiming about the New Smithy and Sword, so I interpret that to mean that those are still the latest "game content" updates and "Red" must therefore just be a change to the "game engine". It could also be a fix to how and which servers the game connects to.
6) I deleted the old app icon AFTER dowloading Red, and the new app icon still connects me to my kingdom.
7) I have played other games that do the same thing (Turf Wars). They release a "new app" when they have made significant changes to the game engine. Deleting the old app icon was/is part of the process (but not necessary).
8) One small change in game logistics i have noticed is that when you go to the "land tab" to expand your kingdom, it does not start you at the beginning of the lands you have already purchased. Instead it goes right to your next non-purchased land upgrade.
9) Side scrolling to go to other kingdom's is smoother. It used to "stutter" and sometimes not be responsive to touch.
10) Going in and out of other kingdoms does not crash the game as easily as before. It used to crash after I went in and out of 2-3 kingdoms. I just went in and out of 7 kingdoms in a row before it crashed.
11) Strangely though, I still sometimes connect to "So and So's Kingdom" in We Rule Red, obviously a developer alpha kingdom. It just shows the game screen icons with a blacked out kingdom. The thing I am most curious about is the icon of a king/ruler with a question mark on his head, I do not have that in my normal game. Please post about this if you know anything.
that was very helpful. the guy with the beard(#10) is the guy who helps beginners by giving them basic challenges and teaching them how to buy houses and farms and stuff. I've been taken to soandso's kingdom a lot too.
Pretty sure the only reason they do this is so they can get themselves back on top of the top50 list. It's pretty shady imo.
Maybe that's the reason why this version has been released. However, I don't really think so. There are so many players now worldwide that it generates its own momentum. Also they did the same with Touch Pets Dogs. Every so often a new version of Touch Pets Dogs was released which if you downloaded and launched it gave you 10 free dog food. Then after a while the free app switched to a paid one. It was a way for them to offer smaller and cheaper dog food packs that more people would be likely to purchase than the larger more expensive ones. They still do it for that game although they have removed the majority of the previously released Touch Pets Dogs apps from the AppStore.
The message in the game telling you about the We Rule Red game also says that the offer won't be free for long. So download now as I suspect it will soon switch to being a paid version of We Rule. It's a way of offering a smaller, cheaper, more affordable, more likely to be purchased Mojo pack to players. People who download now get a bonus over those who wait. Download now and it is free. Wait and We Rule Red will likely turn into a paid app.
All of that stuff could have and should have been done through an update. Them adding more versions of what is essentially the same thing to the store is just spam. There is no technical reason why they need to be doing this way. The way I see it, We Rule regular is no longer in the top 50. They release this and get everyone that is still playing We Rule to redownload what iTunes sees as a completely new game and it shoots them back to the very top of the Top 50 list. Shady practice.