★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Oliver Schulze
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This is a funny jump&run game for in between: Control the character through moving gaps that arise between Lines and collect crystals to open the gate to the next level. But be aware of the enemies - they can't take a joke ;-)

In the beginning, everything seems very simple. But this impression is changing rapidly. The difficulty increases from level to level enormously. Suddenly, the lines change their direction, the enemies move faster and faster and suddenly there are more gaps than lines, you could jump on. That gets you into a sweat!

With randomly generated levels every game is different. So you will always get a new experience and new challenges.

This casual game is addictive from the start: Try to beat your highscore, or the highscore of your friends with every new game.

laxaris's comments:
Hi touchArcade-community,

I have just released my new game GapJump - it is a very addictive jump&run game.

It would be great if you test and rate the game, many thanks!

Here is a small gameplay video, I took it from simulator, so I had to steer with a mouse, so the movement looks a little bit funny....

05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
used 9XEME363THKK will play it and write my impressions later thx

05-14-2010, 03:53 PM
MMMAY34MF63J thank you
05-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I will wait for impressions. Any video by any chance ?
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
YL4P9T334X6E taken. Thank you!
05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
used this one. RN4PF4FTEERH Thank you.

Now Playing: OG, Wolfboy, Pix n Love Rush, Minigore, 45th Street, Qwak

OpenFeint: Dennis 01824; Plus+: RedsoxPatriots
Waiting for: Plunderland, A Skeleton Story, Wackylands Boss, Max Adventure
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Awesome

First off, tookW7FJMJW4T43X Played it for a round and first impressions are: It has a nice Retro feel to it. The gameplay is smooth, graphics are sharp, and sounds good but simple. One suggestion, how about some wacky backgrounds or even the ability to use your own pics and listen to your own music?
Thanks again for the code.
05-14-2010, 05:47 PM
thanks i take YEXNKFAKA66N
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
AKL3HHT6XAWY taken!
Thx and i'll post comments asap!
05-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Ok, here are my impressions and suggestions.
I played it a bit and i'd say that:
a) A background, even simple, would be a nice thing, like someone told before on this thread. Also the "tube" where you must exit the level looks to similar to "Mario Bros" arcade game tubes (honestly seems the same tubes, but i could be wrong about that...). I suggest you to redesign them.
b)I found controls not so responding, and i suggest you a way to implement more precise left/right button. Also, the jump button is not so precise too.
c) Sound is very minimal, and even if a music could be difficult to implement, i suggest you not to use ripped sounds for your game, because original and personal ideas could bring much more freshness and personality to the app.
d) Could you try to speed up the entire game? I found the kind of "belt conveyors" platforms you must jump are a little bit too slow, and maybe a more fast paced rhythm could add to the gameplay.
e) I know it's a difficult one, but online scoreboard, even something simple, should be implemented.
f) I got into a bug at the end when you input your name in the scoreboard, locking the application. It happened once, but could repeat it.

Hope these my humble suggestions and comments can help you!

Last edited by Caprone; 05-15-2010 at 05:28 AM.