★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tired of simple 2D platform games on your iPhone/iPad?

Well I was, so i've created a game that requires strategy, tactical finesse and planning!
It utilize a 3D camera, play against your friends or a highly sophisticated artificial intelligence.

Featuring:

- 3 Science-Fiction Races, humans, insectoids and ancients
- a freely movable and zoomable Battlefield in Full 3D
- compare your performance to your friends and earn achievements in Game Center
- play against a sophisticated AI or friends on your own device
- infinite amount of random battlefields for unending tactical Fun
- 9 special scenarios and 18 challenging campaign missions

Indie Development from Gamers for Gamers, I hope you enjoy it!

"A challenging tactical experience to enjoy."
- appspy.com

Reminder: If you do rate my game, please add some text, what you didn't like or what you would like additionally!
I do take your suggestions seriously and given enough time I will include them into patches :)
05-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Are you tired of playing silly little 2D games on your I Phone?
Umm... no?
05-15-2010, 01:15 AM
The screens are at an awkward angle. :/
05-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, the engine has potential for this type of game but I don't think it's there yet by a long chalk.

Camera controls are great and would be great for getting an overview of large maps but the mechanics are so simple. We're talking sub-Risk here.
I'd love to see some behind the scenes depth along the
lines of Advance Wars coupled with this engine.

I've not played a huge amount and I'll post further impressions but right now it seems like a hint of what could be, rather than something excellent in
it's own right.

Also, the author's dislike of 2D games is even reflected in the intro splash. What the hell is wrong with 2D?
05-15-2010, 01:53 PM
05-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Robust options for random map and scenario setups. Vs up to 4, combos for AI or human so play and pass could be fun.
Haven't tried campaign properly, that's next. Couldn't find anyone for an online game but that seems similarly configurable.

Still just wish there was a bit more strategic meat on the bones. Lots of potential, unrealised potential.