★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Oleg Batrakov
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 112.5 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Little Fox is an alternative perspective on the world-renowned fairy tale for adults', The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, where the Fox takes the place of the protagonist a charming little character with a big heart.

======

Every once in a while, a game manages to stand out with having the right mix of everything. The Little Fox has a lot of the right stuff charm, eye candy, storyline, platforming, original and challenging mechanics, an impossibly cute protagonist.
-Phonearena

In beautifully serene levels that feature relaxing, atmospheric music, the fox seems to be trying to travel faster than the speed of light.
-Pocketgamer

You get a game that is both casual-friendly but also a real game.
-Toucharcade

======

In search of the Little Prince, you'll have to:

run through thirteen fairytale planets, passing icy cliffs and volcano craters, finding your way through a bog and a dark cave
take care of the abandoned Rose by collecting tears literally by the drop
inspire a multitude of familiar characters to change their lives

Beauty

Taking the best examples of minimalist low-poly graphics as inspiration, we've created thirteen colorful and unique three-dimensional planets for you, along with an animated comic that tells the tale of the main characters.

The picturesque landscapes of Eternal Winter and the Forgotten Asteroid, the Sweltering Canyon and the Secret Cave, all of these are sure to stand out in your memory and make you want to set a screenshot of the game as your background.

Gameplay

The Little Fox is the first runner of its type on a hexagonal field.

Our ace in the hole is innovative gameplay that is easy to learn, but hard to master. Just two taps (on the left side of the screen to turn left, on the right to turn right) provides full freedom for moving through the game world.

Rest assured, no level will give in on your first attempt. But each successfully completed level will satisfy your sense of perfectionism.

Music

It is advised to play The Little Fox with headphones. A selection of unique tracks, each written with the specifics of each setting in mind, provides complete immersion in the game's atmosphere.

The game contains no adverts or in-app purchases. Just enjoy it!
06-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
this is probably just me, but i think the game is way too hard even for me, but thats okay, i can handle hard games, but after i played the level one on my 64th attempt, i feel bored. dont get me wrong, but the game is beautiful, the control is simple and easy. no tutorial at the beginning that can help you in a pause motion how to control the little fox is a minus. hmmm, maybe this game is just not for me but if something to blame here, probably the level design and the dev should not put the fox speed that fast at the beginning, reduce the speed, when the fox bump into speed item, he become faster and after awhile the speed goes back to normal. this is only my thought for now.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

06-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Very beautiful, but I am not too much into really hardcore games, so I'll wait and see if the dev can fix the difficulty curve.
06-30-2016, 10:53 AM
So.. I was super excited for this game. For one the art and polish are amazing. But, the game is very very difficult. Still trying to beat the first of 12 worlds. I will keep playing and see what happens but I feel like something needs to change, either slow him down a bit or give us checkpoints. Maybe add an option to play at 3 different speeds. Slow=bronze swift=silver fast=gold. And the option to play with or without checkpoints. If these are added then I'd say its 5/5
07-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
this is probably just me, but i think the game is way too hard even for me, but thats okay, i can handle hard games, but after i played the level one on my 64th attempt, i feel bored. dont get me wrong, but the game is beautiful, the control is simple and easy. no tutorial at the beginning that can help you in a pause motion how to control the little fox is a minus. hmmm, maybe this game is just not for me but if something to blame here, probably the level design and the dev should not put the fox speed that fast at the beginning, reduce the speed, when the fox bump into speed item, he become faster and after awhile the speed goes back to normal. this is only my thought for now.
Agreed, after 70+ attempts I'm giving up on completing the first level, I call it flappy fox.
07-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme472000 View Post
So.. I was super excited for this game. For one the art and polish are amazing. But, the game is very very difficult. Still trying to beat the first of 12 worlds. I will keep playing and see what happens but I feel like something needs to change, either slow him down a bit or give us checkpoints. Maybe add an option to play at 3 different speeds. Slow=bronze swift=silver fast=gold. And the option to play with or without checkpoints. If these are added then I'd say its 5/5
I'm trying to hit all the "bad" slow goo just to make it through...
07-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Aw I was excited for this one I'll hold out and see if an easy mode is added
07-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Aw I was excited for this one I'll hold out and see if an easy mode is added
I hope the dev will hear us
07-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Took me 200 tries but finally beat the first level. Thank goodness this has fb iCloud because it's easier on ipad. 2nd level seems impossible though.
07-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Got some great news for anyone on the fence about the game! Devs have listened to feedback and slow mode is added and update will be on appstore today or tomorrow!!