Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Having made them, of course I couldn't release them without playing them myself and being happy with them---my favorites are HOLV (very high level and hard) and Mithril Horde and Mithril Horde II and Celtic Rift and Celtic Queen (being tested). But you should definitely get the one closest to your level.

However, when playing as a Nogur I have always been a fan of mark and recall and take em down little by little and run as fast as you can.

We're testing Celtic Queen now which will be after Rift I and we're thinking about a high level Celtic to follow Queen and then the Chinese and Mayan expansions.

If you are getting owned and you're not too far off from the level, you should really work with enchanting and beef up your weaknesses that way and use long-range weapons---bows are your friends. Old Shaman made me leave a lot of arrows around because that is his specialty---it should be yours too. : )

Last edited by Catacomber; 03-25-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Love the quest and it's expansions. It seems like this game is draining my battery pretty quickly - ?? I have an iphone 4s and it seems like for the simplicity of the graphics etc, that this game should be pretty light on the battery. ???
Old 04-01-2012, 03:33 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default So many expansions.......

Hey everyone. I just wanted to know if there was a recommended order to play all the expansion packs in. I'm just starting The Quest and with 13 expansions currently on the app store, I am amazed and overwhelmed. Anyways I want to play through all of them with one character and have a challenge the entire time. So I don't want to skip a low level expansion only to come back to it at level 70 or something. I appreciate all the advice you guys can give me.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:52 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceAvion View Post
Hey everyone. I just wanted to know if there was a recommended order to play all the expansion packs in. I'm just starting The Quest and with 13 expansions currently on the app store, I am amazed and overwhelmed. Anyways I want to play through all of them with one character and have a challenge the entire time. So I don't want to skip a low level expansion only to come back to it at level 70 or something. I appreciate all the advice you guys can give me.
The Quest expansion order guide. Start out with Cursed Chess Set or Celtic Rift because those are designed for lower level. Also for initial purchase get The Quest Good since it includes some expansions economically.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM

What's the average play time (hours) for the expansions?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Around 10 hours each.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The Quest expansion order guide. Start out with Cursed Chess Set or Celtic Rift because those are designed for lower level. Also for initial purchase get The Quest Good since it includes some expansions economically.
Awesome, thanks for the resource. I'm rather ashamed to admit it but actually I purchased The Quest (along with Islands of Ice & Fire) way back in 09, before The Quest Gold was even available I believe. Haha there's a lot of catching up to do.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Anyone know a good way to level up from about level 10? Any creatures or areas?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Sorry for the long reply. Go back to areas you've explored. The monsters respawn and the most and toughest are in the southwest.

By the way, I have upgraded my forum www.catacomber.com to be mobile friendly -- at least more mobile friendly. Please reregister if you haven't. It's a brand new forum.

Am working hard to get the old forum guides up and FAQs and maps. : ) It was time to upgrade---over five years. : )

Please let me know what you think about the mobile friendly version. If you're on iphone, ipod or android and other mobile devices, the app I'm using---JTouch, will detect that and switch you to the mobile version.

NGuyen of JTouch has made a wonderful skin and app for websites that want to go mobile and the app is free.

See the article on my home page. If you're on a supported mobile device (which includes iphone, ipod touch, android and others) you can not only get a mobile version of this website, you can (at least on ipod which I tested) have this website as an app on your home page on your device.

The developer is very involved and very responsive so please try it and give me your feedback. I like that you can have it on your home page for free. I will register with Tapatalk as soon as they upgrade to the latest version of my forum but it will cost you 2.99 to have their app on your device. And I like free. : )

Plus, you can rotate to landscape mode and it makes the forum so much more readable. I think you can pinch to adjust the size.

Let me know if you have trouble with Recaptcha. If you do, just switch to Desktop Version -- register -- and go back to Mobile Version.

I'd love to have your feedback. You can switch back from mobile to desktop view.

And we're working on a new Quest expansion---Celtic Queen--betatesting is going along smoothly. Should be out soon.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hey im Very impressed with your game spending countless hours on it. Im looking to develop a game like this, maybe not turn based but lots of text, exploration depth and similar like graphics. Dont worry it wont be a clone. I just wanted to know if it was difficult to develop a game like this? Any particluar difficulties or pointers? Any help would be great.