Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100hugo View Post
Hey im Very impressed with your game spending countless hours on it. Im looking to develop a game like this, maybe not turn based but lots of text, exploration depth and similar like graphics. Dont worry it wont be a clone. I just wanted to know if it was difficult to develop a game like this? Any particluar difficulties or pointers? Any help would be great.
They've had fans work on expansions before, you might want to chat with Catacomber and see what your options are (i.e. make a text-heavy expansion with less combat)

Also look for the developer of Dungeon of the Damned, which looks like a dungeon crawler, but plays more like Myst - he might have some good pointers for ya.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
They've had fans work on expansions before, you might want to chat with Catacomber and see what your options are (i.e. make a text-heavy expansion with less combat)

Also look for the developer of Dungeon of the Damned, which looks like a dungeon crawler, but plays more like Myst - he might have some good pointers for ya.
Thanks for replying. Ill go check them people.
Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I bought The Quest Gold + all the rest of the expansions a couple of months ago. When you activate the expansions into The Quest/Gold, does it just "flip a switch" in the main game (the Quest/Gold) to tell the game that you've purchased/activated the expansions, or does it transfer extra data to the main game (graphics, sound, maps, etc...)?

I haven't played very far into The Quest Gold and I had to restore my iPod Touch. The Quest Gold was reinstalled and it looks like the expansions are there (the 3 Captain Verra ones, at least). Just wondering if I should delete The Quest Gold and reinstall everything again or if I'm good to go after the restore?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

I really like the game; but it annoys me when I'm going to the first town and I get jumped by the seemingly endless number of orcs and archers, I had to bring them into town, go against the inn door, and take a couple hits, and then rest, repeat; I had to do this process for about 30 minutes to get all the enemies away, so I would suggest lowering the spawn rate in the wild because it's f***ing rediculous.

Or maybe have the guards at the gate actually do something. Or just not let monsters/archers in the town.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

@aenigma: the expansions just enable the content in the main app.

For peace of mind, next time you get a game going, plug into your computer, go to Apps -> File Sharing in iTunes and backup your games files there.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks drelbs, I was hoping that I didn't have to reinstall everything . I'll definitely backup the game files the next time I sync.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:43 AM

Sorry another question from me. I cant find anything good i can use to develop my game, so what program do you use? Sorry if this is unclear. I really need to know so i can start my game
e.g. C++ (this is a bad example but it is the only one i can think of)

Last edited by 100hugo; 06-15-2012 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: Mistake
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Our Zarista Games expansion Celtic Queen is in the appstore.

Here is the Quest List. : )

http://catacomber.com/index.php/foru...een-quest-list

@100Hugo--we are starting to work with the Unity engine--the basic engine is free but ios addon is not--we do have it and it's a great engine!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM

are there any expansions or will there be any expansions that are the homeland of the different races? i would love to see the homeland of the nogur
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Not sure how Celtic Queen slipped past me but I appreciate the continued expansions!