iPhone: The Quest

02-20-2009, 12:09 AM
The Quest

http://appshopper.com/link/the-quest [$5.99]

The Quest is a graphically stunning, engaging and sinister world full of mystery, magic and provocative challenges.

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, attributes, weapons, armor and enchantments, then explore a huge non-linear realm of four different cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests.

Play an absorbing card game, solve brain-teasing quests and clash with dangerous opponents in this turn- and skill-based Role Playing Game.

You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing. You will need all your gaming know-how to survive and discover your destiny!

The Quest features:

- fps-like view with continuously rendered 3D graphics
- ambient visual and sound effects
- day and night cycles with weather effects
- a huge, complex, living world with underground levels
- long and provocative main storyline
- dozens of interesting side missions
- optional undead race with different abilities
- complex magic, enchant and alchemy system
- primary and secondary skills
- advanced dialogue system
- readable books, pickable locks, repairable items
- race-, gender-, fame- and outfit-based relationships
- fantasy card game with three decks at the inns
- original soundtrack

The Quest is developed by Redshift and published by Chillingo Ltd

03-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Yep, that's right.

BTW, most of the time you don't need a high persuade skill for the quests because they have multiple ways to solve them. F.e. that agent recruiter quest has other ways too, one of them needs no skill, just money. (But of course if you already made a choice there...)
03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah I chose to bring him the girl...

Mh well but I need to persuade the jeweler-woman right!? There is no other way for that as greenhornet already mentioned!?

03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes, this chest-quest is among the few quests which definitely needs persuade to solve them.
Also if you'll have *even more* persuade skill you'll have even more choices during this quest. This is one of the game's most complex quests which has at least a dozen ways to complete. : )
03-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Holy sh**...sounds like I have to play the game a few times more...;D
BTW: I LOVE IT
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Just wanted to say that this was far and away my favourite game on the PocketPC platform; I bought Legacy, Quest and all the expansions. In fact, the game was the only reason I regretted leaving PPC as a platform.

I think that the iPhone version is the best implementation I have seen, particularly with the new ability to speed up the animations and (crucially) walking speed.

The Quest expansion would be brilliant (assuming there's a way to preserve the original maps), and I really hope sales permit conversion of Legacy & the expansions too.

I wonder if there might be a way to reduce battery drain, though; I'm having to stay nearer a charger than I'd like for protracted bouts.

A new Quest expansion would be absolutely fantastic. I've spent hundreds of hours with these games, and haven't regretted one of them (apart from some of the more outrageous puzzles towards the end of Legacy )

Darren
Hungerford, UK
03-30-2009, 03:15 PM
i still need help finding the church near vastares...it says to go southwest from the cemetery but all i run into is dwarves and a huge mountain thing.
03-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet9 View Post
i still need help finding the church near vastares...it says to go southwest from the cemetery but all i run into is dwarves and a huge mountain thing.
http://www.mastech.de/quest/hintlist/map.pdf
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Keep going along the path. If you're at a low level, you'll be better off reaching it via the west coast rather than the path. But that's the monastery; the church is due East of the cemetery.
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks! I keep getting killed by those dwarves :P
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
whats so fun about it?

i tryed the lite and controls are impossible to do stuff with