★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes now only $2.99

05-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes now only $2.99

To celebrate the the upcoming release of Gamebook Adventures 2: The Siege of the Necromancer, we have reduced our first gamebook, An Assassin in Orlandes by 40%! This is a limited offer so if you've been on the fence about playing/reading our gamebooks then this is the perfect time to give it a go

Enjoy! The Tin Man

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!
05-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Considering the quality of the gamebook, how much content it has and the general cost of e-books, $2.99 is a total steal. This became one of my favorite apps as I read through it. I love Fighting Fantasy too, but seriously I was shocked by how much I preferred this app to my Deathtrap Dungeon one.

Hey Tin Man, have I mentioned how much I'm anticipating Siege of the Necromancer? It's coming the 21st if I remember correctly?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

Last edited by medianotzu; 05-16-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: dumb typo

05-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Hey Tin Man, have I mentioned how much I'm anticipating Siege of the Necromancer? It's coming the 21st if I remember correctly?
We're hoping to submit around the 21st - just a few days away - I'd better get my skates on!

Thanks for the support medianotzu!

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!
05-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
We're hoping to submit around the 21st - just a few days away - I'd better get my skates on!

Thanks for the support medianotzu!
Ah, a little more waiting then...it's okay, most important is for you to have a strong release so that you can continue to bring out more of this series. I love the touch of being able to read the history of Orlandes, by the way. Really brings the setting to life.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
05-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
I love the touch of being able to read the history of Orlandes, by the way. Really brings the setting to life.
Really glad you're enjoying Orlandes Uncovered. We intend to release more updates as we release each new gamebook. Look out for an Assassin update in the not too distant future that not only will detail the world further in relation to Necromancer, but also give you a sneaky peek at what is to come in Gamebook Adventures 3!

It doesn't end there even. We're also planning a lite version which is an all new story and prequel to The Siege of the Necromancer which provides important background to the rather exciting events to come.

Now I've just gone and said too much....

05-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Any plans on filling in the rest of the table of contents in Orlandes Uncovered? That could be pretty neat, I think.
05-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
Any plans on filling in the rest of the table of contents in Orlandes Uncovered? That could be pretty neat, I think.
Yes! Expect more chapters too. We have a lot of Orlandes and the wider world to flesh out in the coming months.

05-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Been looking at An Assassin in Orlandes for a while, but always been on the edge, so the deal pushed me into buying it.

So glad I did! It was an experience on-par with reading one of my dad's ancient adventure books, death, danger and narrow escapes. Still not completed it (and have a lot of alternate paths to choose), but I'm looking forward to the next book, which I'll be picking up on release day.

Also made me want to try out a few of the others on the store, though I'm worried they may not be up to the same quality.

Thanks for the sale price, TheTinMan!
05-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxmort View Post
Been looking at An Assassin in Orlandes for a while, but always been on the edge, so the deal pushed me into buying it.

So glad I did! It was an experience on-par with reading one of my dad's ancient adventure books, death, danger and narrow escapes. Still not completed it (and have a lot of alternate paths to choose), but I'm looking forward to the next book, which I'll be picking up on release day.

Also made me want to try out a few of the others on the store, though I'm worried they may not be up to the same quality.

Everyone has different tastes, but GA1 has totally ruined Fighting Fantasy for me because GA1 was so much better.

That's the only downside I can see to this series, it's too far above the others and there aren't enough of the series out yet!

05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxmort View Post

Quote:
Everyone has different tastes, but GA1 has totally ruined Fighting Fantasy for me because GA1 was so much better.

That's the only downside I can see to this series, it's too far above the others and there aren't enough of the series out yet!
Thanks for these comments guys. It's posts like these that completely justify all the effort that myself and the rest of the team put into these titles. As a huge Fighting Fantasy fan myself, it means a lot too to be compared in such a way. Very humbling. Many thanks. The Tin Man

Last edited by TheTinMan; 05-18-2010 at 11:13 PM.