★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Looking for game with iPad and iPhone support (like Scrabble HD)

05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Looking for game with iPad and iPhone support (like Scrabble HD)

We are going to standing in line soon for a couple of hours and have 4 iphones and an iPad. Other than scrabble are there any good games where you can utilize both the iphones and the iPad? Seems like any game where you have to keep information would be a good fit.
05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm following this thread as well

Add me for Modern Combat 3 => Plus+ & Gameloft Live & OF username: deenybird
The list of iPhone Augmented Reality Apps

05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
You have to have an e-mail account, but Words With Friends is a scrabble like game that everyone can play - although it is only a one on one type match...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
You can play Super Juicy between ipod/iphone and ipad. It is two different games (HD and non HD) though. Not sure if you're asking for universal apps or apps that can play head-to-head between the devices.

"when he eats three poops and becomes muscle bound, that was worth the .99 right there." -Super Fly!
Tetris and Bubble Wrap had a baby and named it Super Juicy!
TouchGen Best of 2009 Finalist! 5/5 Best of 2009
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I think he's looking for apps where you can play head-to-head with the iPad & iTouch/iPhone.

Don't know if you already know, but with Scrabble, the iPad works as the game board and the players iTouch/iPhones are used to keep track of their pieces.
05-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy liquid View Post
I think he's looking for apps where you can play head-to-head with the iPad & iTouch/iPhone.

Don't know if you already know, but with Scrabble, the iPad works as the game board and the players iTouch/iPhones are used to keep track of their pieces.
Yah, I haven't heard of any other games like that. There are quite a few that an Ipad can play against an ipod/iphone like Super Juicy though; I would think most can. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread...

"when he eats three poops and becomes muscle bound, that was worth the .99 right there." -Super Fly!
Tetris and Bubble Wrap had a baby and named it Super Juicy!
TouchGen Best of 2009 Finalist! 5/5 Best of 2009
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll note that I did find a free cards app called ISOCards that says the functionality to "hold" the cards on an Iphone while showing the "table" on the iPad is coming soon.
05-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterB View Post
Ok, thanks everyone. I'll note that I did find a free cards app called ISOCards that says the functionality to "hold" the cards on an Iphone while showing the "table" on the iPad is coming soon.
Hi, I'm the developer for IsoCards. This update is indeed coming out soon. It was slightly delayed because I am adding lots more to the app, and I won a contest recently that is going to give me some free marketing (trying to coordinate that now).

Thanks
05-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Friendsheep HD

Would you like to try out Friendsheep HD? While it is played only on the iPad, it is hotseat for 4 players (i.e. 4 players on the same device). Friendsheep HD is a fun social action board game, do check out the TA description Friendsheep HD.

I've also sent you a promo code! : )

Youtube link | Pop Up

Floating Cube Studios Developer
Check out our latest games Friendsheep HD and Friendsheep
05-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Space Station: Frontier ... head-to-head

Space Station: Frontier HD for iPad and Space Station: Frontier for iPhone has multiplayer head-to-head in the next version which was submitted to Apple a few days ago - so available any day now for both.
Head-to-head will work between iPhones, iPod Touches & iPad via Bluetooth or WiFi LAN.