★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rise of the Triad updated to 1.5

05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Rise of the Triad updated to 1.5

Lots of new stuff and improvements:

* New Level packs including Extreme and Hunt Begins II (50+ new levels)
* Music and Sound FX improvements (sound bumped to 22Khz)
* Ability to use iPod music tracks in-game.
* Performance improvements
* Controls improvements
* Numerous bug/crash fixes

Youtube link | Pop Up

[/QUOTE]

<< Check out our AppStore game titles: Tyrian, Super Methane Brothers, Cryptix, Powermanga, Rise Of The Triad >>
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey, good news if even controls are remasterised !!! A nice re-review should be expected !

05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
nobody to report the new improvements ?
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Neat, but I want hear some impressions before I pick it up.
05-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
Neat, but I want hear some impressions before I pick it up.
I understood you but I'm afraid this old good game interests few of people here
05-20-2010, 04:54 AM
I like it! Levels are long and hard, so it will take a while to finish, but it crash to often in the new levels, after they killed me. Instead giving me the option to load a previous saved game, it sends me back to ipod screen. I use ipod touch 2g. Please fix!!
05-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetjet View Post
nobody to report the new improvements ?
- added 2 new level packs (from enhanced shareware version and the ROTT extreme edition CD)
- all music and FX remastered from 11khz to 22Khz
- added ability to play ipod tracks -just start the game while ipod is playing.
- fixed the crash-on-save bug for users with international character sets
-fixed the performance issue while in left-landscape mode (game used to run 3-5 fps slower)
- touch areas for many menu items adjusted for easier selection

<< Check out our AppStore game titles: Tyrian, Super Methane Brothers, Cryptix, Powermanga, Rise Of The Triad >>
05-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Ok....impressions: I like ROTT more then Doom classic and definitely more then Duke 3d. There is almost no enemy variety , but there soo many secrets and a LOT of platforming. The gibs are cool, and enemies are talking to you, they r trying to cheat on you playing dead, and so on, and its cool...Technically it looks like the advance control 1 is still the best control option. Simple 2 is also cool, but i prefer to strafe with the left dpad. If a option for free button placement becomes available, IŽll will use the simple scheme 1 all the time to play the game like NOVA, but right now the shoot button is just a way too low to be able to look around without touching it. As I said before, I have some crash issues when killed, trying to load save game. It happens only in Extreme level pack, i think. The other packs are fine.
05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not known to be patient so I bought this old good game, reminding me my first FPS on computer (after the rush Doom of course !!!) and on my 3GS device, there's no problem except the game is hard as I remembered and a little too fast (but I guess I can change it in options).

It's a true port from the PC Version with loading screens and so ever. My only complaint is about the menu, not very easy to use (you can't choose your character without picking it) but IMO, I'm very satisfied of this impulsive buy ! And it's always bloody gory !!! Controls are not chaos like I read everywhere ! Aaaah viva nostalgia !
05-23-2010, 11:28 PM
$2.99 -> $1.99