Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Lol, this is what I thought. JC is probably my worst movie of the year. xD

Different strokes for different folks!
I haven't seen JC, but I vote Iron Sky for my worst. Only film this year that I left halfway through...
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Watched The Dark Knight Rises today...it definitely is my most favourite movie from 2012
Old 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Went to see the new Tarantino film Django Unchained the other day. Thought it was quite good.

Surprisingly there's plenty of humour and Christoph Waltz really steals the show (if a little similar in places to his performance in Inglorious B'sterds).

To describe it, I'd call it a homage to Blazing Saddles with the QT touch of gore and violence thrown in for good measure. Overall you can tell it's a Tarantino film and very enjoyable.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
iPhone 5

Django was fantastic as well as Dark Knight, although I've yet to see looper which I plan on watching today. Hopefully it's as good as Brick. I didn't like Avengers too much, it's annoying that people think a movie is so great or it's automatically their favorite movie of the year because they threw some Marvel characters together. Anyway Django is still my number 1 at the moment.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpiral View Post
Went to see the new Tarantino film Django Unchained the other day. Thought it was quite good.

Surprisingly there's plenty of humour and Christoph Waltz really steals the show (if a little similar in places to his performance in Inglorious B'sterds).

To describe it, I'd call it a homage to Blazing Saddles with the QT touch of gore and violence thrown in for good measure. Overall you can tell it's a Tarantino film and very enjoyable.
Do you like the Flames? #Homeland
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
Watched The Dark Knight Rises today...it definitely is my most favourite movie from 2012
Yup, was mine, too, but then I saw The Hobbit, and I'm such a Tolkien geek that it took over TDKR's MOTY spot.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidol View Post
Do you like the Flames? #Homeland
More of a Sens fan

Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Saw Hobbit and Django yesterday. Both were great. The higher framerate thing for hobbit was a little disappointing though. I saw it in 3d, and didn't really notice that much of a difference. I wonder if it was in 2d if it would have been more of a drastic change. Do they evev have a 2d higher framerate version? And did it look a lot better.

Hobbit was great, but not having an ending kind of sucks a little. But wow, the golem looked awesome! It looked so lifelike, that was impressive.

And it was filmed in New Zealand right? Nowadays with apple releasing there, I notice it more. Is New Zealand that green, foresty, and countryside like?

Django was really good too. Pretty funny at times, and pretty serious at times too.

Anyway, I highly recommend both! Both long movies!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Saw Hobbit and Django yesterday. Both were great. The higher framerate thing for hobbit was a little disappointing though. I saw it in 3d, and didn't really notice that much of a difference. I wonder if it was in 2d if it would have been more of a drastic change. Do they evev have a 2d higher framerate version? And did it look a lot better.

Hobbit was great, but not having an ending kind of sucks a little. But wow, the golem looked awesome! It looked so lifelike, that was impressive.

And it was filmed in New Zealand right? Nowadays with apple releasing there, I notice it more. Is New Zealand that green, foresty, and countryside like?

Django was really good too. Pretty funny at times, and pretty serious at times too.

Anyway, I highly recommend both! Both long movies!
Yeah, The Hobbit was great. Probably the most I've laughed in a theater this year since the Avengers. And yeah it does suck having to wait until next year to continue it, especially if you've read the book and know what happens next! xD

But yeah it was all filmed in NZ. Actually the Hobbiton set is a real-life little village in NZ, that you can visit, they give tours and stuff.