★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Studio PRO 2.3 is out! Landscape mode and 4 rails!

05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Tap Studio PRO 2.3 is out! Landscape mode and 4 rails!

We're happy to announce that Tap Studio PRO 2.3 has been approved and is now on the App Store. (The 2.3 update for the free version is awaiting approval.)

You guys asked for Landscape mode and we delivered!

You guys asked for a 4th rail and there it is!

Both of these features are only available in Tap Studio PRO or the PRO Upgrade in the free version of Tap Studio.

Free users can play 4 rail taps if there happen to be any in the Featured list, but you'll need PRO to record in 4 rails or to play landscape.

There's a few other improvements too.

We hope you guys like the update!

Oh, and we're approaching 40,000 song taps in the Tap Vault. Keep 'em coming!

Regards,
Keith

Drop D Studios LLC www.dropdstudios.com Facebook Twitter
Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the upgrade but i'd like to see you address more important concerns at the same time! My game got crippled by a bug which many people seem to be experiencing according to reviews/comments on different sites: tap libraries mysteriously disappearing.

It's frustrating to have 15-20 songs saved up and, when you're on a long car ride or plane journey, to realize that somehow all of your taps have disappeared.

I hope you can find the cause of this problem and somehow fix it soon.

Another one: taps don't show up in your library after recording them for a while! I recorded 4-5 songs, went into My Taps (not downloaded), and it was just BLANK. I played some other games in the meantime (Fruit Ninja / Tilt To Live), then came back an hour later, and they were finally there. What gives?

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)

05-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree, while I love to see the progress as four rails was a suggestion of mine as well as many others too.

However I still have songs in my library that won't record taps because it stops the track halfway through.
05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. We're looking into these issues and will try to address them soon. We want your experience to be positive, not frustrating!

I think the issue where the My Taps list appears empty might be related to not having an Internet connection. I have occasionally noticed that it appears to wait for a connection timeout before displaying the list. Of course this makes no sense and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks for playing guys!

Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDKeith View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. We're looking into these issues and will try to address them soon. We want your experience to be positive, not frustrating!

I think the issue where the My Taps list appears empty might be related to not having an Internet connection. I have occasionally noticed that it appears to wait for a connection timeout before displaying the list. Of course this makes no sense and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks for playing guys!

Thanks - the only thing I ask for is to release an update to address this frustrating issue asap! There are so many trips I go on and, since I own an iTouch and not an iPhone, getting a signal on WiFi is my only option - which are really far and out where I live.

Looking forward to this getting fixed soon!

05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
The free version of Tap Studio 2.3 is available now too!

Enjoy

05-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Can you guys PLEASE fix the issue with TAPS not showing up in the library without wifi/net access? It's getting frustrating and been a while since you've acknowledged releasing any update to fix this small but irritating issue...