• Publisher: Mobigame
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 12.1 MB
  • Version: 2.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: As seen on MTV2 and on the net with 3 million+ views, TRUCKERS DELIGHT is now more than just the BEST, GRITTIEST, MOST VULGAR, FUNNIEST VIDEO ever on this side of the digital world. It's now a fully playable iPhone app.

Don't just sit and watch! As Jack the lone truck driver, take control of an 18-wheeler as you dash through American landscapes in true Russ Meyer fashion.

The Highway puts you in very HOT pursuit of Alpha Chick, a blonde bombshell in a red Corvette. Honk the horn, dodge vehicles, get bonuses and race for the ultimate prize: THE GIRL.

Based on the acclaimed video
Old-school 16-bit graphics " la" Outrun.
Hilarious new bonuses!
Unique never-seen before visuals
Network Gaming! Share your score on Facebook and Twitter!
Awesome soundtrack by Flairs
A COMPLETE LIFESTYLE! A TRUE PHILOSOPHY!

ataloss's comments:

05-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Does it worth $2.99?

05-18-2010, 01:33 AM
lolwut.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
05-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Get it while it's hot

It has nudity. I don't know how it made it through submission.
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
it's the game of THAT awesome video? OMG.
05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Jeez, the description is full of really basic errors...

It's Russ Meyer, not Russ Mayer.
Grittiest, not grittyest.
The word "american" doesn't require capitalisation now, does it not?
Corvette, not corvet, and it should also be capitalised.
Should "ultimate price" not be "ultimate prize"?
The brand-name "facebook" should also be capitalised.
And the original video claims to be 8-bit themed, not 16-bit, but I suspect that the original claim is in fact wrong.
(I would ask where's the apostrophe in the word "Trucker's", but the original video doesn't have it either.)

But anyway, I would love to see a gameplay video of this. It could be great, or it could be really really dull.

Also, I see this is called "Episode 1", which would imply further instalments are coming... As separate games? Expansion packs?

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)

Last edited by farley; 05-18-2010 at 02:56 AM.
05-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Yes, none of that inspires much confidence. Particularly at $3.

This is by Mobigame? Really? Or did somebody just steal their name and they're about to get embroiled in a legal batt... Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
Jeez, the description is full of really basic errors...

It's Russ Meyer, not Russ Mayer.
Grittiest, not grittyest.
The word "american" doesn't require capitalisation now, does it not?
Corvette, not corvet, and it should also be capitalised.
Should "ultimate price" not be "ultimate prize"?
The brand-name "facebook" should also be capitalised.
And the original video claims to be 8-bit themed, not 16-bit, but I suspect that the original claim is in fact wrong.
(I would ask where's the apostrophe in the word "Trucker's", but the original video doesn't have it either.)

But anyway, I would love to see a gameplay video of this. It could be great, or it could be really really dull.

Also, I see this is called "Episode 1", which would imply further instalments are coming... As separate games? Expansion packs?
05-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Looked around but could find no gameplay video.
One would think that the developer himself would have a gameplay to show off on his own website, but somewhat surprisingly, there isn't ANY info about this game on the website. NONE whatsoever: http://www.mobigame.com

What kind of high-profile developer has a game released, but then has no info about it on their own website??

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
05-18-2010, 04:24 AM
I remember when I first heard of the actual video several months ago, Mobigame was promoting it on their twitter. So I don't see it as unlikely that this is genuinely their product.

As for not promoting it on their website, well I haven't looked myself yet.. but there could be a number of reasons they've not done that. Either good ones, or just lazy (tons of devs, big and small, are lazy about updating websites, you'd be very surprised!!!)
05-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
I remember when I first heard of the actual video several months ago, Mobigame was promoting it on their twitter. So I don't see it as unlikely that this is genuinely their product.
How could it be otherwise? They anticipated the game in a recent interview to TouchArcade and, most of all, they are selling it through their iTunes account.