★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Playrix
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 56.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.10
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (4)
App description: * This is easily one of the best ports of a game from the PC to the iPhone. - Gamezebo.com
* 2010 Greatest Video Game (iParenting Media Awards, Disney Online Network)
* Call of Atlantis is a steal at 99 cents - it's a budget title that feels and plays like a much more expensive game. - TUAW.com
* The replay value of this game is pretty amazing. - SmartPhoneApps.com
* An exceptionally polished and professional match-3 port. - AppSafari.com
* Silver Award from GamersDailyNews.com
* Mac Version Apple's Staff Pick

Atlantis is calling out to a true hero to save it from deadly peril! Set out on an exciting new quest in this spectacular mix of Match-3 and Adventure from Playrix, the creators of Fishdom. Embark on a fascinating tile-swapping journey around the ancient lands of Rome, Greece, Troy, Phoenicia, Babylon, Egypt and Carthage to acquire seven mysterious crystals of power. Once collected and put together, they are able to restore the Altar of Poseidon and save the fabled sunken continent.

Fully optimized for the touch screen with both landscape and portrait display, featuring Facebook Connect, the game sets new quality standards for iPhone puzzle games with fantastic graphics and superb sound effects.

Heed the call and return peace and prosperity to the legendary continent!

TRY IT FREE, THEN UNLOCK THE FULL ADVENTURE FROM WITHIN THE GAME!

ENJOY THESE FEATURES:
- Unique mix of Match-3 and Adventure
- 54 addictive levels with endless replay value
- 7 ancient lands to explore
- Fun facts about fascinating places to learn
- Spectacular cut-scenes furthering the storyline
- Impressive quality of graphics
- Superb visual and sound effects
- Elegant voice-overs
- Facebook Connect
- Heed the call of Atlantis!

More great iPhone/iPod Touch apps from Playrix:
(NEW!) BRICKSHOOTER EGYPT - Unravel the mysteries of ancient hieroglyphs!
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS: THE GAME - Spectacular adventures on land, sea and air!
ROYAL ENVOY - Take the King's challenge!

Playrix games are available for iPad and Mac. Search App Stores for "Playrix".

WANT MORE PLAYRIX FUN?
Visit us at Playrix.com
Follow us on Twitter.com/Playrix
Find us on Facebook.com/PlayrixGames

jyhjyh's comments:

Lite version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-of-atlantis-lite/id371964272?mt=8
05-18-2010, 07:24 AM
What the heck?

This is the same game like this one:

It is even the same concept with the Altar of Poseidon, the lands through which you travel (Rome, Greece, Troy, Phoenicia, Babylon, Egypt and Carthage) and everything else... somebody has an explanation for this? In Rise of Atlantis you have the same power-ups, even the artifacts (crystals) you are collecting for Poseidons Altar are the same.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-18-2010 at 07:30 AM.

05-18-2010, 07:33 AM
They are both on big fish and appear to be related. Probably a sequel.
05-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Just picked this up and it's a lovely match 3 game with superb presentation enjoying it so far as for the comparison to the other game Vovin I haven't played it so I can't comment but it does look remarkably similar
05-18-2010, 07:49 AM
It looks like it's the third part of an Atlantis Trilogy
I've just bought it a few hours ago and it looks quite polished and well designed.

As for the originality, it's another match 3 game.

Here's the link to the creator's homepage:
http://www.playrix.com/games/pc/
05-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
Playrix make the most polished casual games in the business. Call Of Atlantis is, in my opinion, the best of the bunch.

I've played it and completed it on PC and I'll be grabbing this too!

As you play it you'll realise how much depth there is. Later levels can get quite tricky where you need to save up your bonuses to free up really difficult pieces while matching 4 pieces to get the bonuses becomes quite difficult.

Definitely my favorite Match 3 game. Well - this and Bejeweled Blitz.

Downloading now - woot!

EDIT: Actually - was going to mention that I think this is the first Playrix game for iPhone actually done internally. The "Rise Of Atlantis" mentioned above isn't great.

Last edited by klicktock; 05-18-2010 at 08:03 AM.
05-18-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't think it is a part of a triology, because even the story is the same.
It must be a clone or a remake.

edit:

I played through The Rise Of Atlantis a while ago and tried the lite of Call Of Atlantis.
Call Of Atlantis is more polished, but it is quite the same as The Rise Of Atlantis

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-18-2010 at 08:04 AM.
05-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Uhm, Call of Atlantis, The Rise of Atlantis and Atlantis Quest are all published by Playrix on PC. So I think it's part of a thrilogy. They published Around the World in 80 Days too.
05-18-2010, 08:10 AM
From Playrix site on Call of Atlantis:

Atlantis is calling out to a true hero to save it from deadly peril in this long-awaited 3rd installment in the hit Atlantis Quest, The Rise of Atlantis series offering a unique blend of 3 popular gameplays. Set out on an exciting new quest in this spectacular mix of Match-3, Hidden Object and Adventure. Embark on a fascinating new journey around the ancient lands of Rome, Greece, Troy, Phoenicia, Babylon, Egypt and Carthage to acquire seven mysterious crystals of power. Appease Poseidon, the patron god of the Atlanteans, and save the legendary continent.
05-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
From Playrix site on Call of Atlantis:

Atlantis is calling out to a true hero to save it from deadly peril in this long-awaited 3rd installment in the hit Atlantis Quest, The Rise of Atlantis series offering a unique blend of 3 popular gameplays. Set out on an exciting new quest in this spectacular mix of Match-3, Hidden Object and Adventure. Embark on a fascinating new journey around the ancient lands of Rome, Greece, Troy, Phoenicia, Babylon, Egypt and Carthage to acquire seven mysterious crystals of power. Appease Poseidon, the patron god of the Atlanteans, and save the legendary continent.

Aha. Intelligent devs. Designed three times the same game...