★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slotz was fun, but now so easy it is boring

02-20-2009, 12:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Slotz was fun, but now so easy it is boring

I really liked Slotz for a while, but now the game has become a chore. The championship races are just long, not fun (especially the abominable timed races), because I can't lose. What fun is there in that? I can't tell any difference between Hard mode and Easy mode. What is the difference if any? The computer cars don't seem to do any better at all. They are aren't any faster, that's for sure. My car completely blows them out of the water. At first, sure, the game seemed hard, but it wasn't long before it became difficult to lose. In fact, the longer the race, the easier it is as it just gives you even more and more of a ridiculously huge lead.

I've tried messing with the player "throttle" setting and the advanced settings, but they are confusing and still don't seem to result in a more challenging game, at least not much more. If I set the player throttle adjustment to 100 that does seem to make the game slightly more challenging, but still not that much because still my car has a much higher top speed and faster acceleration then the computer controlled cars. What am I missing? Hopefully something. I wish they'd just made Hard mode hard.
02-20-2009, 12:14 PM
haha

i suck at this game

i agree though once you get into the 20 lap super long races, it becaomes a chore.

02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
haha

i suck at this game

i agree though once you get into the 20 lap super long races, it becaomes a chore.

Yea it gets repetitive i dont like the 20 long lap tracks etc it takes for ever.

Ohh look he made a left turn and another and another and another........................................... .................

AND ANOTHER!!

it gets boring
02-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Same. For me, game finished when the endurance races came up.

It's okay, though. The track editor is what I'll be playing with now.
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree. There needs to be a harder mode where the cars are about as fast as you. Then you can set the "fall off the track" settings for them so they crash sometimes.

Freeverse/StrangeFlavour ...please make a more difficult mode.
02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
If they implement multiplayer this would be a bomb. I understand that it's almost impossible to do real time multiplayer, but any sort of multiplayer such as a time trial thing where racers can compete on time, and then some player stats. Man that would rock.
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
If they implement multiplayer this would be a bomb. I understand that it's almost impossible to do real time multiplayer, but any sort of multiplayer such as a time trial thing where racers can compete on time, and then some player stats. Man that would rock.
That would make this game 10X better. The 10 minute long races (and there are about 5 in a circuit) take ridiculously long. I think once I get 3 laps ahead of the 2nd place racer I'm in a pretty sweet spot to win, so I think there should be some "mercy rule" put in place where if you get x miles ahead of the 2nd place racer you automatically win

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
What I would like to see is shorter races but use some of the user created races. A long race on a track you have raced on quite a few times can be quite annoying. I haven't gotten to the Harder AIs so I'm not sure how hard they are, just slowly beating the whole game on easy then will move up.
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
At the other end of the scale there are the people claiming it's too difficult, so that's a kiddy mode and a Nnaaarrgh mode going into the 1.2 update then (and I'm going to be extra mean and make it so Nnaaarrgh mode is only available if you've proven yourself worthy by completing Hard mode).

As we add more championships there's going to be more choice in what style of championship you want to play. The longer races are for gamers who want the more realistic slot car experience where you'd normally race over a lot more laps, but there's going to be more sprint championships too (and a specific Drift championship). There's room to expand the user created championships too, so I'm looking into setting it so you can post championships the same way as you post custom tracks.
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
At the other end of the scale there are the people claiming it's too difficult, so that's a kiddy mode and a Nnaaarrgh mode going into the 1.2 update then
Some users are just having a blast with the game like it is at the moment!

But with new tracks, new cars, new championships, there are lots of ways to keep this game going!